Eat the rainbow with this stunning, Thai-style Rainbow Crunch Salad tossed in deliciously spicy peanut dressing! This wholesome cabbage salad is a simple salad recipe to serve at summer time cookouts, or as a hearty lunch concept!
For those who love this taste profile, attempt my Thai Quinoa Crunch Salad too! The crunchy quinoa is LIFE CHANGING!
Crunchy Cabbage Salad With Spicy Peanut Dressing
I’ll inform you proper now, put together to be obsessive about the flavors of this scrumptious Thai-style cabbage salad! It’s a literal rainbow of deliciousness and colour. That is my favourite recipe for cabbage salad made with a rainbow of crisp veggies, all tossed in a creamy peanut dressing. For simple weekday lunches to summer time cookouts and Asian-inspired dinners – there aren’t many events the place this vibrant crunchy salad isn’t simply the most effective. AND I make this salad at first of the week and eat it for lunch for the following few days! The hearty cabbage doesn’t wilt within the dressing and stays crunchy for days!
What You’ll Want
Right here’s an outline of what you’ll want for this crunchy salad in addition to the creamy Thai-style dressing! Discuss with the recipe card for the complete quantities.
For the Salad
- Cabbage: A mixture of inexperienced and purple cabbage contribute to the “rainbow” on this rainbow crunch salad.
- Carrots: Bringing a splash of orange to the combination.
- Inexperienced Onion: You could possibly additionally substitute one other kind of onion with delicate taste, like chives.
- Cucumber: I chop up seedless cucumbers for my recipe.
- Crimson Bell Pepper: Peppers add a pop of purple to the rainbow and in addition lend a candy crispiness.
- Peanuts: I really like the toasted crunch of dry roasted peanuts. Salted or unsalted!
For the Peanut Dressing
- Soy Sauce: I really like the salty/umami taste that comes with soy sauce. You can too use tamari.
- Peanut Butter: For finest outcomes, use creamy peanut butter and never the crunchy variety.
- Sriracha: Or one other scorching chili sauce.
- Rice Vinegar: For that genuine Asian-style style. For those who don’t have rice vinegar, substitute with white wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar.
- Lime Juice: For the most effective taste, use contemporary squeezed lime.
- Sesame Oil: There actually aren’t any substitutes for the distinctive earthy, nutty taste of sesame oil in Asian-inspired recipes! You will discover sesame oil alongside the opposite cooking oils in most grocery shops.
- Honey: Honey works nice as a pure sweetener on this recipe (it additionally pairs tremendous nicely with the opposite flavors!). In a punch, you should use sugar as a substitute.
- Ginger: Freshly minced is finest.
- Garlic Powder: You can too use contemporary garlic for those who desire.
Find out how to Make Rainbow Crunch Salad
There’s solely 4 easy steps to creating the proper crunchy cabbage salad with peanut dressing. Right here they’re:
Make the Salad: Mix all of your salad components in a big bowl.
Make the Dressing: Whisk collectively the components for the dressing till you could have a easy, thick consistency.
Toss: Pour the dressing over the salad, and provides every little thing a very good toss to coat.
Garnish and Get pleasure from: Sprinkle over extra contemporary chopped cilantro and crumbled peanuts. Give the salad an additional squeeze of sriracha for those who need, after which serve!
Can I Prep It Forward of Time?
Completely! This crunchy rainbow salad is one in all my favorites to make forward. The cabbage and veggies keep crispy even after they’re coated within the peanut dressing, and the dressing itself is thick sufficient to carry up within the fridge. I like to make a giant batch to have readily available for straightforward lunches all through the week.
Suggestions for Success
Listed below are some pointers for making this scrumptious Thai-style rainbow salad from scratch:
- Use Pre-Shredded Substances: I’m all for the comfort of pre-shredded cabbage and carrots on this recipe! Some shops even carry coleslaw combine or Asian slaw combine that comes able to go along with the entire above.
- Use Creamy Peanut Butter: I like to recommend sticking along with your common shelf-stable, creamy peanut butter for this recipe (like Jif or Skippy). Pure peanut butters are inclined to separate and should make the dressing oily.
You possibly can adapt the components on this rainbow cabbage salad to fit your preferences:
- Add Completely different Veggies: Deliver much more colours to your rainbow salad by including further greens and greens from the fridge. Strive broccoli, tomatoes, avocado, snow peas, shaved asparagus, kale, yellow peppers, beets, and radishes.
- Add Protein: Prime your salad with grilled chicken, sliced steak, shrimp, or crispy tofu. Or attempt mixing in some Asian Fire Meat for an additional spicy kick.
- Completely different Dressing: Make this salad with a creamy coleslaw dressing, Homemade Ranch Dressing or a zesty French dressing as a substitute.
- Completely different Herbs: Cilantro isn’t everybody’s cup of tea. For those who desire, swap it out with basil or parsley.
Plus, combine it up with much more straightforward salad add-Ins:
- Fried noodles
- Cashew nuts, chopped pecans, slivered almonds
- Sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds
- Edamame or chickpeas
- Craisins or raisins
- Chopped mango
- Sesame seeds
This crunchy salad makes a scrumptious, filling meal by itself, or you may serve it in tons of straightforward methods:
Retailer any leftover salad in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 3 days. I make this salad at first of the week and eat it for lunch for the following few days! The hearty cabbage doesn’t wilt within the dressing and stays crunchy for days!
Can I Freeze Rainbow Salad?
This cabbage salad is hearty sufficient to freeze. Retailer the salad frozen in an hermetic, freezer-safe container or bag for as much as 2 months. Thaw within the fridge earlier than serving, and spoon off any extra liquid. You can too add in some further contemporary dressing to revive the feel as wanted.
Extra Asian-Impressed Sides to Strive
Eat the rainbow with this stunning, Thai-style Rainbow Crunch Cabbage Salad tossed in deliciously spicy peanut dressing! A straightforward aspect dish to serve alongside your favourite Asian-inspired dishes.
- 6 cups inexperienced cabbage, chopped
- 3 cups purple cabbage, chopped
- 2 cup grated carrots
- 2/3 cup chopped inexperienced onion
- 3 cups chopped seedless cucumbers
- 2 cup chopped purple bell pepper
- 1 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped dry roasted peanuts
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons sriracha
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon contemporary minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salad: Add all salad components into a big bowl.
- Dressing: In a medium bowl whisk collectively all of the dressing components. The dressing might be thick.
- Meeting: Add the dressing to the chopped salad and stir to coat.
- Garnish: Add extra cilantro, chopped peanuts, or sriracha to serve.
- Non-obligatory Add-Ins: grilled hen, sliced steak, shrimp, crispy tofu.
- This salad is nice to make forward. I make it at first of the week and eat it for lunch all through the week. The hearty cabbage and greens keep crisp even after being combined with the dressing, and for the reason that dressing is thick, the salad doesn’t get watery.
- Retailer hermetic within the fridge for as much as 3 days.
Key phrases: asian cabbage salad, cabbage salad, straightforward salad recipes
Need To Save This Recipe?
Discover extra recipes like this:
PIN for later: