This stuffed mushrooms recipe is an irresistible (and simple!) appetizer. The filling is a crispy, savory combo of bread crumbs, garlic, herbs, and cheese.
In my completely unbiased opinion, now we have some actually nice appetizer recipes on the weblog (French onion dip or buffalo cauliflower, anybody?), however this stuffed mushrooms recipe may simply be my favourite. It’s Jack’s favourite too. After all, he loves something with mushrooms, however we’ve really gotten into arguments about these stuffed mushrooms. I take them out of the oven, he samples just a few, and earlier than I do know it, a lot of the batch is gone. I’ve discovered the onerous means: if I would like any of those stuffed mushrooms for myself, I’ve to say them ASAP.
…which is to say that if in case you have a celebration or gathering developing quickly, you must completely make this recipe! It’ll be the discuss of the snack desk, a assured hit. A crispy, savory combination of panko bread crumbs, pine nuts, sun-dried tomatoes, herbs, and pecorino cheese fills juicy roasted mushroom caps. They’re simple to make and SO scrumptious. We love them, and I hope you’ll too!
Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe Substances
Right here’s what you’ll must make this stuffed mushrooms recipe:
- Mushrooms, in fact! We like massive cremini mushrooms (aka child bella mushrooms) right here, although in a pinch, white button mushrooms would work too.
- Pine nuts and panko bread crumbs – They add crunch to the filling.
- Solar-dried tomatoes and pecorino cheese – I combine them into the filling for wealthy, umami taste. No pecorino available? Parmesan cheese works too!
- Parsley – It provides contemporary taste and fairly flecks of inexperienced.
- Garlic – For savory chew.
- Further-virgin olive oil – It helps the mushrooms grow to be brown and tender within the oven.
- And salt and pepper – To make all of the flavors pop!
Discover the whole recipe with measurements beneath.
Tips on how to Make Stuffed Mushrooms
I really like how easy this stuffed mushrooms recipe is! Right here’s the way it goes:
First, clear and stem the mushrooms. Gently take away and discard the mushroom stems, being cautious to maintain the mushroom caps intact. Then, use a moist paper towel to wipe the mushroom caps clear, and unfold them, cavity facet up, on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Drizzle the mushroom caps with olive oil, and season them generously with salt and pepper.
Subsequent, make the filling. Stir collectively the grated cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, parsley, panko bread crumbs, garlic, pine nuts, salt, and some grinds of black pepper.
Then, stuff the mushrooms. Spoon the filling into the mushroom cavities, rigorously piling it as excessive as you possibly can. As you spoon the stuffing onto the mushrooms, a few of it could tumble off. That’s okay! Do your greatest to get as a lot into every mushroom as you possibly can.
And at last, bake! Generously drizzle the stuffed mushrooms with extra oil and bake for 20 minutes or so, till the mushrooms are tender and the filling is golden brown. Permit them to chill barely, after which, eat!
Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe Suggestions
- Larger mushrooms = extra filling. Want I say extra? Use the largest cremini mushrooms you’ll find for this recipe. They’ll maintain extra of the breadcrumb combination than small ones will, and it will likely be simpler to fill them.
- Finely chop the filling elements. The perfect stuffed mushrooms have a bit of every thing in every chew. Chop your filling elements into small items that can evenly incorporate with each other. Goal for the sun-dried tomatoes to be related in dimension to the pine nuts, and grate the cheese on a Microplane zester or the smallest holes of a field grater.
- Don’t neglect to season the mushrooms. It’s simple to skip this step! Earlier than you load up the mushroom caps with the filling, drizzle them with olive oil and sprinkle them with salt. This easy step provides a lot taste to this stuffed mushroom recipe.
- Make them a meal! These stuffed mushrooms are a superb occasion appetizer, however from time to time, we’ll eat them for dinner too. Serve them with a giant scoop of herbed farro or quinoa!
Extra Favourite Social gathering Appetizers
In the event you love this stuffed mushroom recipe, attempt considered one of these enjoyable occasion appetizers subsequent:
Serves 6 to eight
Full of a crispy, savory combination of bread crumbs, herbs, and cheese, these stuffed mushrooms are a show-stopping occasion appetizer! They’re greatest after they’re heat, so make them proper earlier than you serve them.
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup grated pecorino cheese
- ½ cup finely chopped parsley, plus extra for garnish
- ¼ cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, about 4
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt, extra for sprinkling
- Freshly floor black pepper
- 20 to 24 massive cremini mushrooms, stemmed
- Extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Pinches of crimson pepper flakes, optionally available
Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl, mix the panko, pecorino cheese, parsley, sun-dried tomatoes, pine nuts, garlic, salt and several other grinds of pepper.
Place the mushrooms, cavity facet up, onto the baking sheet. Drizzle the mushrooms with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Spoon the filling into the mushrooms, drizzle with extra olive oil and bake till the mushrooms are tender and the filling is golden brown, 18 to 22 minutes.
Garnish with parsley and sprinkle with crimson pepper flakes, if desired, and serve.