Sauteed Brussel Sprouts are taking their place within the aspect dish highlight as a result of they’re so elegant and straightforward to arrange.
On this simple recipe, Brussels are sauteed till browned after which tossed with a little bit of garlic and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese in case you’d like. A lot taste in so little time!
An Straightforward Facet Dish
There’s no must boil these inexperienced beauties, this sautéed Brussel sprouts recipe is simple!
- When you’ve bought brussels sprouts you possible have the remainder of the elements available.
- One pan is all you want!
- Brussels sprouts will be trimmed as much as 4 days forward of time.
- Leftovers are nice added to a salad chilled.
Learn how to Trim Brussels Sprouts
When you’ve by no means seen Brussels sprouts develop earlier than, they develop protruding of an enormous stalk (type of like thorns on a rose stem). Utilizing a pointy knife, slice throughout the bottom of the sprout to take away it from the stalk or simply merely break it off.
More often than not within the retailer, you’ll discover Brussels sprouts already faraway from the stalk. Right here’s how one can put together them:
- I begin with a fast rinse to take away any floor grime or particles.
- Lower a skinny slice off of the underside portion of the sprout. Take away any discolored outer leaves.
- For this recipe, reduce them into halves from high to backside (or thirds in the event that they occur to be massive).
Brussel sprouts will retain their form even when they’re reduce into quarters, wedges or cash on account of their tightly packed leaves.
Learn how to Make Sauteed Brussel Sprouts
Brussel sprouts will be steamed, boiled, roasted and naturally, sauteed! These sauteed brussel sprouts are a brilliant simple approach to get cooking
- Warmth oil (or bacon grease in case you favor) in a skillet. I like to cook dinner them in a forged iron skillet.
- Add the Brussels sprouts and cook dinner for about Quarter-hour, stirring sometimes till tender-crisp.
- Transfer the brussels to 1 aspect of the pan and add butter and garlic. Cook dinner simply till the garlic is aromatic after which combine all of it collectively. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve.
- Don’t stir an excessive amount of, you need the Brussels sprouts to brown.
- To cook dinner the sprouts a bit faster, add 2 tablespoons of water after including the sprouts to the heated pan. It should assist steam them a bit bit.
- Add the garlic on the finish of cooking (the final minute) so it doesn’t burn.
- A sprinkle of parmesan is non-obligatory however scrumptious. Stir it in proper earlier than serving.
- Swap out the butter and oil for bacon fats.
- Add a splash of balsamic vinegar or a squeeze of recent lemon juice earlier than serving.
- Skip the parmesan cheese and add a sprinkle of pine nuts or almonds and a drizzle of maple syrup earlier than serving.
- Chop some recent herbs like thyme or parsley for serving.
Sauteed Brussels Sprouts
Brussels sprouts seasoned and sauteed till tender-crisp are the proper aspect dish for any meal!
Trim the underside of every sprout and take away any discolored leaves. Lower the Brussels sprouts in half from high to backside (or thirds if massive).
Warmth olive oil in a big skillet over medium-high warmth.
Add the Brussels sprouts, flat aspect down if doable, and cook dinner sprouts for 12-Quarter-hour or till tender-crisp, stirring sometimes. (Do not stir an excessive amount of, you need them to brown and caramelize on either side).
Transfer the sprouts to 1 aspect of the frying pan and add butter and garlic. Cook dinner the garlic simply till aromatic, about 1 minute. Season the Brussels sprouts with salt & pepper and toss with the garlic and butter within the pan.
Take away from warmth and sprinkle with recent parmesan cheese if utilizing.
Retailer leftover Brussels Sprouts in an hermetic container within the fridge for 3-4 days. Reheat in a skillet on the stovetop.
Energy: 129 | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 6g | Fats: 8g | Saturated Fats: 3g | Ldl cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 153mg | Potassium: 441mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 990IU | Vitamin C: 96.4mg | Calcium: 122mg | Iron: 1.6mg
Vitamin info offered is an estimate and can fluctuate based mostly on cooking strategies and types of elements used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.