These apples are sautéed in a brown sugar and cinnamon combination, making them insanely scrumptious! It’s a match made in heaven whenever you prime them with some vanilla ice cream or whipped cream!
Apples are made for the autumn season, and there are SO many scrumptious apple recipes on the market! I would like you to strive a couple of extra of the perfect ones that I’ve. Begin with this apple butter, this attractive apple tart and this scrumptious Irish apple cake!
Sautéed Apples Recipe
Apple season is nearly right here, and boy am I prepared for it! I believe apple recipes are the one style that I by no means get sick of. I want that it was apple season all 12 months spherical! So on the subject of this time of 12 months then, I make as many apple recipes as attainable. How will you not when you may make superb side dishes and desserts with this crispy and scrumptious fruit?
This recipe for sautéed cinnamon apples goes to blow you away! They’re sauteed in a scrumptious combination of butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon. If I haven’t satisfied you with these substances, then let me let you know concerning the texture. The apples are simply crispy sufficient that they provide off that Autumn vibe after which coated in a scrumptious sauce. You’ll not wish to cease consuming these!
Substances in Sautéed Apples
This recipe solely makes use of six substances, so it doesn’t get a lot simpler than that! You can also make this recipe all 12 months lengthy. It makes an amazing after-school snack, and my youngsters go loopy over them! Try the recipe card on the backside of the submit for precise ingredient measurements.
- Apples: You possibly can us any number of apple on this recipe! My selection is gala apples or honey crisp apples however I additionally love the tangy distinction after I use granny smith apples.
- Butter: Use unsalted butter on this recipe.
- Cornstarch and Water: You mix these two after which add them to the combination to thicken it up.
- Brown Sugar: This caramelizes creating that scrumptious base for the apple combination.
- Cinnamon: No ingredient screams fall greater than cinnamon! Properly, perhaps nutmeg…
Easy methods to Make Sautéed Apples
These scrumptious apples solely take about quarter-hour from begin to end. As a result of that is such a straightforward and versatile recipe, you may be utilizing all of it 12 months lengthy!
- Slice: Begin by coring and slicing your apples ¼ inch thick. In a medium sauce pan over medium excessive warmth add the butter and soften.
- Sauté: Add within the apples and sauté for 4-5 minutes over medium warmth till they begin to soften.
- Mix: In a small bowl mix the water and cornstarch. Pour over the apples and add the brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Thicken: Stir till the sauce begins to thicken. Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Easy methods to Choose Good Apples
The important thing to creating any apple recipe end up effectively is that you simply have to start out out with good apples. If they’re mushy or not ripe, irrespective of how good of a cook dinner you might be, your recipe is not going to end up. Together with these sautéed apples!
- Crisp: The very first thing (and most necessary factor, for my part) you must search for in an apple is how crisp it’s. If there may be any a part of the apple that’s gentle or you possibly can dent it along with your finger, put it again! An apple ought to all the time be ripe and crisp.
- Bruising: Look over the apple and be sure that there are not any gentle spots or bruising.
- Colour: An apple ought to have shiny, deep-colored pores and skin when it’s able to eat.
Easy methods to Retailer Leftovers
After your sautéed apples have cooled, place them in an hermetic container and put them in your fridge. They’ll final about 4 days! If you find yourself able to eat them, you possibly can serve them chilly or heat them up within the microwave or on the range.
Begin by coring and slicing your apples ¼ inch thick. In a medium sauce pan over medium excessive warmth add the butter and soften.
Add within the apples and sauté for 4-5 minutes till they begin to soften.
In a small bowl mix the water and cornstarch. Pour over the apples and add the brown sugar and cinnamon.
Stir till the sauce begins to thicken. Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Energy327kcal (16%)Carbohydrates59g (20%)Protein1g (2%)Fats12g (18%)Saturated Fats7g (35%)Polyunsaturated Fats1gMonounsaturated Fats3gTrans Fats0.5gLdl cholesterol31mg (10%)Sodium103mg (4%)Potassium281mg (8%)Fiber6g (24%)Sugar50g (56%)Vitamin A476IU (10%)Vitamin C10mg (12%)Calcium46mg (5%)Iron1mg (6%)
All dietary data is predicated on third celebration calculations and is simply an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will range relying on the manufacturers you utilize, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.