This pineapple upside-down cake recipe is a fast and straightforward traditional that’s graced tables for the reason that Nineteen Twenties!
Tangy pineapple slices are caramelized beneath a vanilla cake after which flipped right-side up for a stunningly tasty dessert!
This cake is finest served heat from the oven, topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
A Favourite Straightforward Cake!
- This well-known cake is elegant sufficient to take to a celebration however easy sufficient to make and luxuriate in on any given day.
- Upside-down desserts like this one are extremely adaptable for utilizing different fruits.
- Make in a single-layer cake pan or a forged iron skillet or perhaps a bundt cake pan.
Elements for Pineapple Upside Down Cake
Cake – All the essential cake batter parts are right here besides that including applesauce lowers the quantity of each the oil and sugar wanted. In the event you’d like, as an alternative of constructing a scratch cake use a boxed vanilla or yellow cake combine and make two upside-down desserts.
Fruit – Canned sliced pineapple rings are excellent on this recipe. Attempt sliced apples, peaches, pears, or plums.
Toppings on the underside – Maraschino cherries are what make this recipe so candy and colourful, however pink or inexperienced grapes, raisins, currants, dried or sugared cranberries can be utilized, flaked or toasted coconut, and pecans, walnuts, or slivered almonds.
Make Do-it-yourself Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
- Soften butter & brown sugar within the cake pan. Prepare pineapple rings and cherries on prime and put aside.
- Put together cake as directed within the recipe under and gently pour the cake batter over the pineapples.
- Bake till a toothpick comes out clear. Cool for five minutes after which invert the pan onto a plate.
Storing Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- After Baking: Preserve the baked cake within the pan and let it cool to room temperature. Cowl and refrigerate for 3 days.
- To Freeze: Wrap the cake tightly in plastic wrap and retailer it within the freezer for as much as 3 months.
- To Thaw (if frozen): Heat in a 300°F oven for 15-20 minutes simply till heated by means of. Flip and serve.
Extra Fruity Favorites
Did your loved ones love this Pineapple Upside Down Cake? Go away us a score and a remark under!
Pineapple Upside Down Cake
This recipe begins with a layer of caramelized pineapple rings and maraschino cherries, topped with an extremely moist vanilla cake layer!
Place butter in 9″ spherical cake pan or pie plate and put within the oven. Preheat the oven to 350°F permitting the butter to soften within the pan whereas warming.
Take away the pan from the oven as soon as the butter has melted. Stir in brown sugar (you are able to do this proper within the pan!).
Prepare pineapple slices and cherries on prime of the butter combination.
In a medium bowl, whisk collectively oil and sugar. Add applesauce, egg, and vanilla and whisk till mixed.
Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and stir simply till mixed. Unfold fastidiously over pineapple in pan, ensuring to not disturb the cherries as you unfold the batter.
Bake for 20-25 minutes, till prime of the cake is golden brown and a toothpick comes out clear. Let cool for five minutes within the pan earlier than working a knife fastidiously across the edge.
Place a big spherical plate on prime of the pan, flip and permit the cake to fall out onto the plate earlier than eradicating the pan.
Cowl and retailer leftover cake within the fridge for as much as 4 days. Serve chilly or reheat within the oven or microwave.
Energy: 352 | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 3g | Fats: 19g | Saturated Fats: 8g | Ldl cholesterol: 51mg | Sodium: 258mg | Potassium: 182mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 29g | Vitamin A: 421IU | Vitamin C: 30mg | Calcium: 57mg | Iron: 1mg
Diet data supplied is an estimate and can fluctuate based mostly on cooking strategies and types of elements used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.