Flip leftover pie crust into good buttery and flakey pie crust cookies. Roll and form utilizing enjoyable cookie cutters then merely sprinkle with candy cinnamon and sugar.
We LOVE pie at our home and we now have so many favourite flavors that we make year-round. I all the time use my Grandma’s pie crust recipe. My youngsters love this strawberry pie within the Springtime, and this chocolate pie for the vacations.
What Are Pie Crust Cookies?
No extra throwing away the additional pie crust that you’ve got left over! Merely roll the dough out and bake it into ethereal and tender cookies that soften in your mouth. The buttery flakey cookies are sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar. I additionally like to drizzle heat cookies with a candy glaze. You gained’t be capable of cease consuming them!
Cookies are my love language! I may eat any cookie, any taste, any time of day. Making cookies to share with my household and pals is one in every of my favourite issues to do. I’ve some go-to recipes that by no means disappoint. Strive my superb cream cheese snickerdoodles, these straightforward no-bake cookies, or my basic chocolate chip cookies.
Components For Straightforward Cookies
These easy pie crust cookies are the best cookies you’ll ever make! 4 easy substances, that’s all it takes. All you want is the store-bought crust you then’re all set. You’ll be able to undoubtedly make your individual pie crust from scratch, however utilizing the scraps from leftover pie dough is a win-win! It makes so much, so be ready to eat all of them. You’ll love how briskly and simply these cookies come collectively.
- Pie Crust: Leftover pie crust makes this straightforward, however you should use any pie crust recipe in the event you make your individual.
- Butter: Melted butter provides a extra scrumptious buttery taste.
- Sugar: Sugar so as to add sweetness as a result of plain pie crust is fairly bland.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon provides yummy taste!
Pie Crust Cookies Recipe
Seize your kiddos and make these enjoyable pie crust cookies for the vacations or any time of 12 months! This recipe is simple to comply with and comes collectively rapidly. Observe my straightforward directions beneath for learn how to make these cookies. They’re so lovely and scrumptious!
- Preheat Oven and Put together Baking Sheet: Preheat the oven to 350 levels Fahrenheit. Put together a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
- Roll Out the Pie Crust: Evenly sprinkle flour on the counter then roll out the pie crust till it’s about ¼ inch thick.
- Minimize Shapes: Minimize shapes out of the dough utilizing cookie cutters, however you may also use a knife to chop if wanted.
- Place Cookies on the Ready Pan: Place them on the ready baking sheet.
- Repeat Steps: Proceed to collect the leftover crust, roll it collectively right into a ball, then roll it out onto a floured floor once more to chop extra shapes. Repeat this course of till you don’t have any dough left.
- Brush With Butter: Utilizing a pastry brush, brush the melted butter throughout the highest of the pie crust shapes.
- Sprinkle With Cinnamon and Sugar: In a small bowl combine collectively the sugar and cinnamon then sprinkle it evenly throughout the buttered shapes.
- Bake: Bake for 8-10 minutes, till cookies are a light-weight golden brown. Bake time varies with the scale of your cookies.
Learn how to Serve Pie Crust Cookies
These darling little cookies are so versatile and will be loved in lots of enjoyable methods! I like to serve them in a number of methods. Listed here are a few of my concepts for serving pie crust cookies. Everybody will love them!
- As a Topping: High any dessert with pie crust cookies. On high of a pie, ice cream, or pudding could be scrumptious!
- Serve With a Sauce: Dip these cookies right into a caramel or chocolate sauce. However be careful since you gained’t be capable of cease!
- Minimize Into Any Form: I like making these cookies for each celebration. Holidays, child showers, the chances are limitless. I additionally like to make use of letter cookie cutters to spell my youngsters’ names on high of their desserts!
- Spice Variations: You’ll be able to spice them up any method you’d like. Cinnamon sugar is basic, however cardamom, ginger, nutmeg, or allspice are scrumptious additions.
Storing Leftover Cookies
These good little cookies are nice to make forward of time. They’re straightforward to make however simply as straightforward to retailer. I like making an enormous batch of those cookies as a result of they’re nice for events and make so much. My youngsters love to assist make enjoyable shapes and your youngsters will too!
- At Room Temperature: Place the cooled cookies in an hermetic container. Retailer at room temperature for as much as three days.
- Within the Freezer: Leftover pie crust cookies freeze very effectively! Place the cooled cookies in an hermetic container. Retailer within the freezer for as much as three months.
Preheat the oven to 350 levels Fahrenheit and put together a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
On a flippantly floured floor, roll out the pie crust till it’s about ¼ inch thick.
Minimize shapes out of the dough utilizing cookie cutters. You can too use a knife to chop if wanted.
Place them on the ready baking sheet.
Proceed to collect the leftover crust, roll it collectively right into a ball, then roll it out onto a floured floor once more to chop extra shapes. You’ll be able to repeat this course of till you don’t have any dough left.
Utilizing a basting brush, brush the melted butter throughout the highest of the pie crust shapes.
In a small bowl combine collectively the sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle it evenly throughout the buttered shapes.
Bake for 8-10 minutes, till cookies are a light-weight golden brown. Bake time can differ with the scale of your cookies.
Serving2cookiesEnergy86kcal (4%)Carbohydrates9g (3%)Protein1g (2%)Fats5g (8%)Saturated Fats2g (10%)Polyunsaturated Fats0.4gMonounsaturated Fats2gTrans Fats0.1gLdl cholesterol6mg (2%)Sodium64mg (3%)Potassium14mgFiber1g (4%)Sugar3g (3%)Vitamin A72IU (1%)Vitamin C0.02mgCalcium8mg (1%)Iron0.3mg (2%)
All dietary data relies on third celebration calculations and is just an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will differ relying on the manufacturers you employ, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.