Remodel your leftover mashed potatoes into yummy loaded mashed potato muffins!
Combine leftover spuds with crispy bacon bits, inexperienced onions, and plenty of cheddar cheese, after which panfry them till golden brown and crisp.
Serve with a dollop of bitter cream & chives, a squeeze of ketchup, or prime them with leftover turkey and gravy.
We Love These Mashed Potato Truffles (and so will you!)
- Remodel leftover mashed potatoes into fried potato patties with a number of additional components and seasonings.
- Mashed potato muffins are price range pleasant, and children love ’em.
- Combine and match the cheese and different add-ins to create new flavors and deplete your leftovers.
- Fry them up in bacon grease and prime with a runny fried egg for an excellent breakfast (or use them as a base for eggs benedict).
- These potato muffins may be served alone as a lightweight dinner or as a aspect dish to meat or hen.
Components for Mashed Potato Truffles
Mashed Potatoes – Use leftover mashed potatoes you probably have some or use prompt mashed potatoes (or pre-made) for those who don’t have any. Even cauliflower mashed potatoes can be utilized for a low-carb recipe.
Cheese – Experiment with various kinds of cheese, resembling cheddar, parmesan cheese, Mexican mix, or pizza mozzarella.
Leftovers – As a variation, you’ll be able to add leftovers like chopped hen or turkey, leftover roasted veggies, and so forth.
Seasonings – Inexperienced onions are a favourite, add in different contemporary herbs you probably have them.
The best way to Make Mashed Potato Truffles
- Fry bacon till crispy. Prepare dinner onion and garlic within the bacon grease (per recipe under).
- Add the remaining components and kind into potato muffins.
- Pan fry in bacon fats or butter till golden brown on either side.
Serve scorching with additional inexperienced onions, bitter cream, or ketchup.
Leftovers & Reheating
- Hold leftover mashed potato pancakes in a sealed container within the fridge for as much as 5 days.
- Reheat them within the microwave, oven, or air fryer till heated by way of.
- Mashed potato muffins made in batches may be chilled and frozen for as much as 6 weeks in zippered baggage. Merely crisp them up on the stovetop or within the air fryer!
Did you take pleasure in these Loaded Mashed Potatoes? You’ll want to depart a score and a remark under!
Loaded Mashed Potato Truffles
These loaded mashed potato muffins make a tremendous aspect dish or mild dinner or lunch! They’re the right method to take pleasure in leftover potatoes and the flavour mixtures are infinite!
In a big skillet, fry the bacon over medium warmth till crispy. Drain on paper towels and, as soon as cooled, crumble.
Reserve 2 tablespoons of bacon within the frying pan. Prepare dinner the onion and garlic over medium warmth till translucent. (If utilizing inexperienced onion, no have to precook).
In a medium bowl, mix crumbled bacon, mashed potatoes, cooked onion, shredded cheese, basil, parsley, salt & pepper. Combine properly and add flour a bit at a time till the potato muffins maintain collectively. Chances are you’ll not want the entire flour.
Soften 1 tablespoon of butter (or leftover bacon fats) in a clear skillet over medium warmth.
Scoop about ¼ of a cup of the potato combination and kind it right into a ball. Place it within the scorching pan and flatten it with a spatula till it’s about ½ – ¾″ thick. Repeat with remaining potato muffins (cooking in batches if wanted).
Fry for about 3 to 4 minutes on both sides, till the potato patties are golden brown and crisp.
For finest outcomes, serve instantly, whereas scorching and crispy.
Prime with inexperienced onions, bitter cream or ketchup.
Air Fryer – Potato muffins may be cooked in an air fryer. Type into patties and brush with melted butter. Prepare dinner at 400°F for about 12 minutes, turning after 6 minutes.
*Vitamin data offered is an estimate and can range based mostly on cooking strategies and types of components used.
Leftover muffins will hold in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 5 days. They will also be frozen and can hold for six weeks within the freezer.
Energy: 253 | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 9g | Fats: 17g | Saturated Fats: 8g | Trans Fats: 1g | Ldl cholesterol: 78mg | Sodium: 558mg | Potassium: 321mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 448IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 94mg | Iron: 1mg
Vitamin data offered is an estimate and can range based mostly on cooking strategies and types of components used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.