These candy Lemon Coconut Tassies have a coconut macaroon-style crust with a candy do-it-yourself lemon filling. Simple to make, nice to freeze, and ideal for entertaining!
I made this recipe in partnership my Imperial Sugar. Click here for the full recipe.
Lemon Coconut Tassies
I completely adore these candy little bites! I took the idea of a traditional Pecan Tassie and turned it the other way up. In case you don’t already know a Pecan Tassie is a nostalgic cookie that has a shortbread crust with a candy pecan filling. I see them most frequently across the holidays on cookie platters and for Thanksgivng, however in fact they are often loved anytime of the 12 months. Baked in a mini muffin tin Pecan Tassies are like tiny bites of pecan pie…so I made a decision to take that very same concept and make it a extra Spring/Summer season dessert, the Lemon Coconut Tassie!
What To Count on:
- My model of this Lemon Coconut Tassie is an easy coconut macaroon-style crust with a candy, citrus filling.
- The beginner-level recipe requires easy elements and no mixer.
- Good for making forward and freezing.
- A straightforward recipe to double, triple, and even minimize in half for a small batch!
- Adaptable! You should use any citrus instead of the lemon. Lime can be unbelievable!
Lemon Coconut Tassie Substances:
For the FULL ingredient checklist CLICK HERE.
- sweetened coconut flakes
- granulated sugar
- all objective flour
- vanilla extract
- Eggs, separated
- sweetened condensed milk
- contemporary lemon juice
- Coconut Crust: Preheat the oven to 375°F. Coat a nonstick mini muffin pan with nonstick spray, put aside. *See word
- In a big bowl combine collectively the coconut, sugar, flour, vanilla and egg whites till evenly mixed.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of the coconut combination into every liner or cup. Press the coconut combination into the underside and up the perimeters to type a skinny crust.
- Bake for 12 – 13 minutes or till the perimeters are calmly browned, watching rigorously to not burn. Switch pan to a wire rack.
- Lemon Filling: Cut back oven temp to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl stir collectively the yolks, sweetened condensed milk, and lemon juice till clean. Spoon the filling into the nice and cozy crusts, sufficient to fill the cup, however not overflow. You’ll have a little bit leftover filling.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Permit the tassies to chill within the pan for 10 minutes earlier than transferring to a wire rack to chill fully. In case you didn’t use a liner, run a butter knife across the sides to loosen from the pan.
How To Retailer:
This recipe is nice for making the identical day OR prematurely! You would possibly have to mud them a agin with powdered sugar if storing, because the sugar will take up into the filling as they sit.
- Retailer hermetic within the fridge for as much as 7 days
- Retailer hermetic within the freezer for as much as 30 days
- You’ll be able to depart the tassies at room temperature for as much as a day.
Discover the complete recipe at Imperial Sugar!