This selfmade turkey seasoning is ideal to season a roast turkey, a turkey breast, and even soups or casseroles.
Attempt it on rooster and potatoes too! All-purpose, simple to make, and nice on every thing.
- That is a straightforward combination made with spices you in all probability have already got available.
- Turkey seasoning provides taste to the pores and skin of your thanksgiving turkey nevertheless it’s additionally nice in soups and casseroles or for seasoning roasted potatoes.
- This may be ready in large batches and used for turkey and rooster alike.
Turkey Seasoning Components
This turkey seasoning accommodates the proper mix of spices and seasonings.
Salt: This recipe makes use of kosher salt, if utilizing desk salt you’ll need to scale back the quantity.
If you’re utilizing this recipe to season a turkey, kosher salt might be added to the recipe. If preserving it to season soups and casseroles, depart the salt out and add it to the dish (or turkey) immediately.
Seasonings: Do-it-yourself turkey seasoning has the proper mix of seasonings for flavoring a turkey and/or gravy with a lot of sage, a pinch of rosemary, and a touch of thyme and paprika.
Non-compulsory Additions: You possibly can add different spices or seasonings to this recipe equivalent to garlic powder, oregano, onion powder, or parsley.
I skip the brown sugar on this turkey seasoning recipe as I take advantage of the pan juices for gravy and I don’t need it candy. In the event you’d like to make use of this as a dry rub, you’ll be able to add a few tablespoons of brown sugar or to style.
Tips on how to Season a Turkey
- Dab the skin of the turkey dry with a paper towel (to assist the pores and skin crisp).
- Run the turkey with both melted butter or olive oil. Generously sprinkle with the turkey seasoning and rub it into the pores and skin. Recent herbs will also be added when you’d like.
- Roast per your favourite turkey recipe (we love this roast turkey or this spatchcock turkey).
Tips on how to Use Turkey Seasoning
- Rub it on a complete turkey (or turkey breast) earlier than roasting.
- This spice mix is nice on different sorts of poultry like rooster thighs or cornish hens (and even pork).
- Use this selfmade turkey rub to season veggies, potatoes, or casseroles.