This straightforward Tomato Jam recipe was given to me by my mother-in-law. It’s scrumptious!
Contemporary backyard tomatoes are simmered in a candy and savory combination of sugar, vinegar and seasonings to create a variety and condiment you’ll love!
It is going to up-level each recipe from sandwiches to burgers, eggs, and veggies! Make it with pink or inexperienced tomatoes.
What’s Tomato Jam?
- Thick and hearty, tomato jam is a candy and savory tomato-based condiment.
- This jam is good (as a jam must be) with a tangy kick and a bit bit of warmth (for those who’d like).
- It’s simply made on the range and retains weeks within the fridge, no canning is required!
- This quick and simple condiment to impress at your events, picnics, and BBQs.
- That is a type of superb ‘backyard items’ to make if in case you have an abundance of summer season tomatoes. Everybody loves a selfmade jar of tomato jam. Better of all, it’s going to freeze for as much as 6 months!
Substances & Variations
Tomatoes – No have to blanch and peel tomatoes for tomato jam! Any recent tomatoes will do, nevertheless, recent Roma’s are the very best as a result of they’ve skinny skins and are as meaty as canned Marzano’s.
Sugar – Honey is a pure sweetener that melts simply into tomato jam. Brown sugar, molasses, and even sugar-free Swerve can be utilized, nevertheless, the tip outcome may not be as jelly-like as the unique recipe requires.
Seasonings – Apple cider offsets the acidity of the tomatoes, however the degree of serrano chile is as much as you. Meet your warmth and use as a lot or as little as you want. A touch of cayenne pepper, Tabasco sauce, or a splash of Sriracha will be switched out for minced chiles.
Add-Ins Cracked black pepper, diced shallots, or bacon bits will make your tomato jam recipe stand out!
Easy methods to Make Tomato Jam
This fancy condiment is very easy to make, simply three easy steps!
- Carry all components to a boil.
- Cool & serve.
Critically. That’s all.
Easy methods to Serve Tomato Jam
What doesn’t go along with tomato jam?!
Suggestions for the Greatest Jam
- If the jam is just too free after half-hour, proceed cooking till the specified thickness is achieved.
- Use recent ripe tomatoes for the very best taste.
- Tomatoes don’t should be peeled or seeded.
- Preserve tomato jam refrigerated in a sealed container for as much as 10 days. Freeze parts in zippered baggage for as much as 6 months!
Did you make this Tomato Jam? Depart us a ranking and a remark under!