Utilizing do-it-yourself Greek seasoning is one of the best ways so as to add Mediterranean aptitude to your cooking! It mixes up in minutes and is ideal for including scrumptious zesty taste to your whole favourite meals.
Do-it-yourself seasonings are so contemporary and attractive! They add the very best enhance of taste to all the pieces you prepare dinner, minus the preservatives and synthetic flavors! You’ll have to do this fajita seasoning, taco seasoning, and blackened seasoning subsequent!
Do-it-yourself Greek Seasoning Recipe
You all most likely know by now that I really like my do-it-yourself seasonings. I take advantage of them in nearly all the pieces I prepare dinner! At the moment’s addition is a scrumptious one and ideal for these of you that love Meditteranean delicacies! This Greek seasoning mixes up in simply minutes and is the right mix of spices you most likely have already got in your pantry. It’s savory, zesty, peppery, and can improve any dish you add it to!
I really like utilizing this as a rub for meat and fish, but it surely works nice for seasoning greens, too! You’re going to be stunned at how only a pinch of these things can actually carry a dish to life. It’s so scrumptious! It’s tremendous straightforward to customise, too, so you may alter the flavour to your liking. Let’s make some!
What’s Greek Seasoning Made Of?
This Greek seasoning is the very best mixture of savory and fragrant! Yow will discover the measurements I used for every of those elements under within the recipe card, however be happy so as to add kind of to your liking! Customizing your mix is the very best a part of this recipe.
- Dried Onion Flakes: Add sharp, savory taste.
- Garlic Powder: Including garlic is a should for a pop of savory taste.
- Dried Oregano: Has the very best candy, peppery taste. It additionally provides nice texture!
- Dried Basil: Basil is completely vivid and minty.
- Dried Dill Weed: Dill weed offers this seasoning the right zesty taste.
- Dried Marjoram: Marjoram has delicate taste and is good and fragrant.
- Dried Thyme: Thyme is earthy and minty, excellent for Greek dishes!
- Salt and Cracked Black Pepper: Enhances the general taste of the seasoning.
- Floor Cinnamon and Nutmeg: (Elective) You may add these in if you’d like your seasoning to have a touch of heat spice.
Can I Use Recent Herbs?
This is likely one of the few instances that I don’t suggest utilizing contemporary herbs as a result of your mix gained’t final as lengthy. Dried herbs have a for much longer shelf life than utilizing contemporary herbs. Due to their excessive moisture content material, contemporary herbs might develop mildew early on.
Make Do-it-yourself Greek Seasoning
It solely takes minutes to combine up this scrumptious seasoning! After getting it available, you’re going to wish to put it on all the pieces!
- Combine: In a small bowl, whisk collectively the entire spice elements till properly blended.
- Retailer: Retailer in an hermetic container for as much as 3 months. Get pleasure from this seasoning as a dry rub on hen, fish, greens, or in dips.
Extra Methods to Get pleasure from Your Seasoning
Now that you’ve got this versatile mix of herbs and spices available, listed here are a couple of easy methods to put it to use!
- Use as a Marinade: Use Greek seasoning as a marinade by combining 3 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, and a pair of tablespoons Greek seasoning. Combine and marinate with 2 kilos of hen for half-hour earlier than grilling.
- For Salad Dressing: The herbs in Greek seasoning are excellent for including taste to your favourite salads. Merely combine a tablespoon of the seasonings in with vinegar or oil!
Storing Your Seasoning
So long as you retailer your seasoning in a cool, dry place, it should keep contemporary for as much as 6 months. I at all times prefer to preserve mine in an airtight container or jar. Add it to your whole favourite meals for a pop of scrumptious taste!
In a small bowl, whisk collectively the entire spice elements till properly blended.
Retailer in an hermetic container for as much as 3 months.
Get pleasure from this seasoning as a dry rub on hen, fish, greens, or in dips.
Use Greek seasoning as a marinade by combining 3 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, and a pair of tablespoons Greek seasoning. Combine and marinate with 2 kilos of hen for half-hour earlier than grilling.
Serving1tablespoonEnergy16kcal (1%)Carbohydrates4g (1%)Protein1g (2%)Fats0.2gSaturated Fats0.1g (1%)Polyunsaturated Fats0.03gMonounsaturated Fats0.02gSodium933mg (39%)Potassium79mg (2%)Fiber1g (4%)Sugar1g (1%)Vitamin A56IU (1%)Vitamin C1mg (1%)Calcium43mg (4%)Iron1mg (6%)
All dietary info relies on third get together calculations and is just an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will differ relying on the manufacturers you employ, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.