That is a simple aspect dish we make all yr lengthy!
This Greek salad recipe is packed stuffed with recent cucumbers and tomatoes, crisp bell pepper, feta cheese, and olives, and wearing a fast zippy French dressing.
It makes an incredible lunch or is ideal served alongside nearly any meal.
A Favourite Facet Salad
- Since there aren’t any lettuce leaves to wilt, Greek salad is likely one of the finest picnic and potluck salads; it holds up so nicely!
- Bulk up Greek salad by including diced potatoes or your favourite cooked and chilled pasta like rotini, penne, or macaroni shells. Or make it a light-weight dinner by including chopped salami, shredded chicken, or shrimp!
- Meal prep salad bowls for per week of nutritious and low-calorie lunches by scooping Greek salad onto a mattress of Romaine lettuce, quinoa, orzo, garbanzo, or black beans.
Greek Salad Components
Greens – Recent chopped greens are the bottom of this recipe.
- Tomatoes are a staple on this salad. Use no matter you could have that’s recent and juicy. If making forward, I choose Roma tomatoes or grape tomatoes as they maintain up nicely within the fridge.
- Cucumbers and bell pepper convey crunch and freshness. We use inexperienced bell pepper however add no matter coloration you’d like. There isn’t any have to peel the cucumber.
- Pink Onion add taste to this salad. To make the flavour of purple onion a bit milder, soak the slices in chilly, salted water to neutralize them a bit.
Olives – Kalamata olives add the right taste to this recipe. Should you aren’t a fan, you’ll be able to go away them out of this recipe or attempt swapping them for black olives, inexperienced olives, and even capers!
Feta Cheese – Greek salad isn’t the identical with out cheese. Historically feta cheese is served in a big slice on the salad nonetheless we wish to crumble it to get the salty taste in each chew.
Greek Salad Dressing
Greek salad dressing can (and may) be quite simple, this lets you actually style the recent veggies.
A quite simple combination of oil, purple wine vinegar, and recent lemon juice with a sprinkle of oregano is all you want. You probably have a bottle of Greek salad dressing you should use that too however on this combination, we choose the straightforward recent dressing.
Feeling Fancy? You probably have recent herbs readily available together with oregano, parsley, or recent dill, sprinkle a little bit bit on high. Recent herbs actually can take this dish to the following stage in taste.
How one can Make Greek Salad
Even Panera can’t evaluate to this fast and straightforward dish!
- Chop the greens into giant chunks.
- Place the dressing in a jar and shake nicely (per the recipe under).
- Add feta & garnish with parsley, if desired.
Storing Greek Salad
Maintain leftover Greek salad in a coated container for as much as 4 days. Add some recent veggies and a sprinkle of feta cheese to make it pretty much as good as new!
Recent Veggie Salads
Did you take pleasure in this Greek Salad? Make sure you go away a score and a remark under!
A easy mixture of tomatoes, cucumbers, and peppers tossed in a recent and straightforward dressing.
Mix all dressing elements in a small bowl and blend nicely or shake in a jar.
In a big bowl, mix tomatoes, cucumber, inexperienced pepper, purple onion, and olives.
Pour the dressing over the salad and toss nicely to mix.
Add feta cheese and garnish with parsley if desired.
We like Roma tomatoes as they maintain up nicely on this salad however any tomatoes will work.
This salad will preserve for as much as 4 days within the fridge. If desired, retailer the dressing individually and add when serving.
I normally begin the salad by slicing the onion and soaking it in a little bit of salted ice water. That is non-compulsory however will soften the flavour.
The feta cheese might be served sliced or crumbled over the salad.
Energy: 146 | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 3g | Fats: 13g | Saturated Fats: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g | Monounsaturated Fats: 8g | Ldl cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 377mg | Potassium: 209mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 500IU | Vitamin C: 22mg | Calcium: 93mg | Iron: 1mg
Diet info supplied is an estimate and can range primarily based on cooking strategies and types of elements used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.