Making selfmade hen souvlaki is the easiest way to convey the flavors of Greek avenue meals straight to your kitchen! These hen skewers are juicy and coated with an incredible herb marinade.
Hen skewers are the very best summer season snack! They’re simple to place collectively and everyone loves them! To take your summer season barbecues to the subsequent stage, attempt yakitori, Thai chicken skewers, or these grilled Hawaiian teriyaki chicken skewers!
Superb Do-it-yourself Hen Souvlaki
Souvlaki is a well-liked Greek avenue meals consisting of hen, beef, or lamb that’s grilled and skewered. (Souvlaki interprets to ‘small skewer!’) Right this moment we’re making hen souvlaki- tender items of hen marinated with garlic and herbs and grilled to perfection! Hen souvlaki is a summer season staple and also you’re going to like having them round to munch on! This has been a favourite at my household’s summer season barbecues and I can’t wait so that you can attempt them!
Excellent for all of you busy mothers on the market, these skewers are tremendous simple to make! You solely want a handful of straightforward components to make them! They prove so juicy and wonderful each time, this recipe is foolproof. You may eat your hen on a skewer or serve it on naan or pita bread! It’s scrumptious each methods! Irrespective of the way you select to get pleasure from your souvlaki, I promise it’s going to be a success at your subsequent get-together.
Substances You’ll Want
No fancy ingredient checklist right here! These scrumptious hen skewers come collectively simply with pantry staples. Measurements for every ingredient might be discovered under within the recipe card.
- Boneless Hen Breasts: You’ll need these to be reduce into 1-inch chunks.
- Garlic: Minced garlic provides the very best savory taste to those skewers!
- Olive Oil: Helps the entire scrumptious seasonings coat the hen completely. I used extra-virgin olive oil!
- Lemon Juice: Recent is finest!
- Greek Seasoning: This can be a mix of straightforward herbs that you simply most likely have already got in your pantry. Discover my full recipe for Greek seasoning here!
Easy methods to Make Hen Souvlaki
This recipe does want loads of time to marinate, but it surely cooks up in minutes! I prefer to let my hen marinate in a single day so it’s able to go the subsequent day (and likewise full of taste!)
- Hen Marinade: For the marinade, mix the olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, and Greek seasoning in a small bowl. Whisk marinade components collectively to mix.
- Marinate: Place the hen and marinade in a sealable plastic bag and shake to make sure the marinade is overlaying the hen. Marinate within the fridge for not less than 2 hours or in a single day.
- Add to Skewers: Thread hen onto skewers and throw away the remaining marinade. Grill on an outside grill or grill pan for about 5 minutes on both sides. Grill till totally cooked to 165° Farhenheit. Serve heat!
- Serve: Serve hen souvlaki with a aspect of tzatziki sauce for dipping, with a scrumptious Greek salad, or because the meat in a gyro.
Ideas for Hen Souvlaki
Listed here are just a few additional methods to excellent your hen souvlaki! You’re going to need them at each household barbecue.
- Prep Skewers: In the event you don’t have metallic skewers, wood skewers work as nicely! Soaking the wood skewers helps to stop the wooden from getting charred and black. Place them in a big baking dish or roasting pan and canopy them with water by not less than ½ inch. Soak the skewers for about an hour. Ensure to dry them off earlier than skewering on the meat.
- Use a Meat Thermometer: The easiest way to be sure to don’t overcook your hen is by checking the inner temperature. As soon as inner temperatures attain 165 levels Fahrenheit, take your hen off the grill. In the event you prepare dinner it any greater than that, it might grow to be dry.
- Let Your Hen Relaxation: The important thing to juicy hen is to let it sit for a couple of minutes after you take away it from the grill. This permits the entire scrumptious juices to reabsorb.
You may retailer your leftover hen souvlaki for as much as 4 days in an hermetic container within the fridge. While you reheat it, be certain that inner temperatures attain 165 levels Fahrenheit earlier than serving. This hen is nice for consuming as-is, serving over rice, or including to salads or wraps!
For the marinade, mix the olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, and Greek seasoning in a small bowl. Whisk collectively to mix.
Place the hen and marinade in a sealable plastic bag and shake to make sure the marinade is overlaying hen. Marinate within the fridge for not less than 2 hours or in a single day.
Thread hen onto skewers and throw away the remaining marinade. Grill on an outside grill or grill pan for about 5 minutes on both sides. Grill till totally cooked to 165° Farhenheit. Serve heat!
Serve hen souvlaki with a aspect of tzatziki sauce for dipping, with a scrumptious Greek salad, or because the meat in a gyro.
Energy198kcal (10%)Carbohydrates2g (1%)Protein24g (48%)Fats10g (15%)Saturated Fats2g (10%)Polyunsaturated Fats1gMonounsaturated Fats6gTrans Fats0.01gLdl cholesterol73mg (24%)Sodium132mg (6%)Potassium448mg (13%)Fiber1g (4%)Sugar0.5g (1%)Vitamin A38IU (1%)Vitamin C11mg (13%)Calcium12mg (1%)Iron1mg (6%)
All dietary data relies on third celebration calculations and is simply an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will range relying on the manufacturers you employ, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.