Tender Greek-flavored rooster is grilled collectively on a skewer with contemporary crisp greens. The Mediterranean marinade completely seasons these Greek rooster kabobs and transports your tastebuds to the streets of Greece.
It’s all concerning the marinade! Greek rooster kabobs get the extraordinary taste from the scrumptious marinade. I’m an enormous believer in marinating my meat earlier than it goes on the grill. Strive these tried and true fan favourite marinades for steak, chicken, and Asian-inspired meat.
Greek Hen Kabob Recipe
I like making kabobs for the grill as a result of not solely are they so scrumptious, however they’re really easy to make. Plus, everybody can put what they need on them, so that they work even for the pickiest of eaters! The marinade for these Greek rooster kabobs completely tenderizes and seasons the rooster for max taste! Greek rooster kabobs actually come collectively once you add within the veggies and grill them to perfection!
I like a superb kabob as a result of it makes time for supper really easy. Having all of the dinner substances on one skewer additionally makes the consuming half enjoyable! My youngsters get so excited once I make these steak kabobs, however my husband actually loves my shrimp kabobs. Don’t fear, although! If you’re a vegetarian, then my veggie kabobs are excellent for you! Actually, I like cooking up grilled vegetables for almost any facet dish.
Components Wanted For Greek Hen Kabobs
Greek rooster kabobs are the most effective as a result of the entire substances are grilled on the skewer collectively. So what you see is what you get! The precise measurements for the substances will be discovered on the recipe card on the backside of the submit.
- Olive Oil: Olive oil provides moisture to the rooster and is a superb base for the marinade.
- Crimson Wine Vinegar: This provides a tangy taste.
- Dried Oregano: This basic seasoning is important in Greek-inspired meals.
- Garlic: Contemporary minced garlic is all the time a should, however you should use minced garlic from a jar if that’s what you’ve gotten available!
- Salt: Salt helps convey out the flavors and seasons of the rooster.
- Black Pepper: Pepper is a superb marinade seasoning.
- Lemon: Freshly squeezed lemon juice provides brightness to all of the flavors.
- Boneless Skinless Hen Breasts: Minimize the rooster into bite-sized items so the rooster cooks evenly.
- Crimson Pepper: Crimson bell pepper is nice for grilling!
- Zucchini: I like zucchini in these kabobs! It’s tender, scrumptious, and provides in some fairly shade.
- Crimson Onion: The onion enhances the entire flavors so properly.
- Skewers: I like to make use of metallic skewers, however be at liberty to make use of wood skewers. Soak wood skewers for 20 minutes to keep away from burning.
- Tzatziki Sauce Recipe: My tzatziki sauce is ideal with these Greek rooster kabobs! Retailer-bought works nice too.
- Pita Bread: Sliced pita bread on the facet is elective, however my youngsters adore it!
Let’s Make some Kabobs!
Prepping the substances forward of time for these Greek rooster kabobs makes meeting a breeze. I wish to marinate the rooster very first thing within the morning, after which I rapidly chop the veggies proper earlier than threading the skewers. It makes for a fast and simple weeknight meal!
- Make the marinade: In a medium-sized bowl, add the olive oil, purple wine vinegar, oregano, garlic, salt, pepper, and juice from one lemon.
- Marinate the rooster: Add the rooster cubes to the bowl after which let it marinate for at the least half-hour.
- Preheat: Preheat the grill to medium-high warmth.
- Skewer the Hen and Veggies: Thread the rooster, zucchini, peppers, and onions onto the skewers.
- Grill Kabobs: Grill on all sides for 3-4 minutes or till it’s now not pink.
- Serve: Serve with pitas on the facet and tzatziki sauce for dipping.
What to Serve With Greek Hen Kabobs
I like the mix of protein and greens on this meal! Nevertheless, if you’re trying to serve these kabobs with different scrumptious sides, listed below are just a few concepts.
- Grains: Orzo pasta or lemon rice are my favourite grains with Greek rooster kabobs.
- Fruit: Spherical out this entire meal by including a facet of fruit as a result of…YUM!
- Salad: Preserve with the theme and serve a greek salad along with your kabobs! After I wish to maintain the meal gluten-free, I simply take away the rooster items and veggies from the skewers and place them proper on the salad.
- Hummus: Serve hummus on the facet identical to the Greeks do as a result of it’s a scrumptious dip stuffed with texture and taste.
My favourite approach to retailer leftovers is by eradicating the grilled rooster and veggies from the skewers and putting them within the fridge. It makes rewarming the kabobs straightforward and lunches the subsequent day much more handy!
- Within the Fridge: Retailer cooked kabobs within the fridge in an air-tight container for as much as 5 days.
- To Reheat: Take away the rooster and veggies from the skewers and place them within the microwave for about 2 minutes on excessive or till warmed by way of.
In a medium-sized bowl add the olive oil, purple wine vinegar, oregano, garlic, salt, pepper, and juice from one lemon.
Add the rooster cubes to the bowl and let marinate for at the least half-hour.
Preheat the grill to medium-high warmth.
Thread the rooster, zucchini, peppers, and onions onto the skewers.
Grill on all sides for 3-4 minutes or till it’s now not pink.
Serve with pitas on the facet and tzatziki sauce for dipping.
Serving1kabobEnergy191kcal (10%)Carbohydrates6g (2%)Protein17g (34%)Fats11g (17%)Saturated Fats2g (10%)Polyunsaturated Fats1gMonounsaturated Fats7gTrans Fats0.01gLdl cholesterol48mg (16%)Sodium287mg (12%)Potassium465mg (13%)Fiber2g (8%)Sugar3g (3%)Vitamin A728IU (15%)Vitamin C43mg (52%)Calcium34mg (3%)Iron1mg (6%)
All dietary info relies on third social gathering calculations and is simply an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will range relying on the manufacturers you employ, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.