These scrumptious baked jicama fries are a low-carb various to French fries and are coated with savory seasonings! They’re oven-roasted for that excellent crispy, golden brown outer layer. You’re going to like them!
I’m all about selfmade fries. They’re simply so good! In case you’re searching for extra wholesome alternate options to French fries, attempt these zucchini fries, avocado fries, and sweet potato fries!
Oven-Baked Jicama Fries Recipe
In case you’ve by no means tried them earlier than, jicamas are a Mexican yam that resemble a beet however have flesh much like a potato. The style of jicamas is delicate and candy and ideal for seasoning with all your favourite flavors! However the perfect promoting level, in my view, is the truth that this versatile root is tremendous low in carbs and sugars, making it a more healthy alternative for issues like fries! Put together to be a fan!
These jicama fries are insanely scrumptious. They’re seasoned with paprika, garlic, and shredded parmesan for taste you’ll LOVE! Jicama fries are tacky and savory with the perfect trace of heat spice. One chunk of those and also you’ll be hooked! Mixed with the superb golden exterior they get, this can be a excellent health-conscious (and keto-friendly!) snack to have with out sacrificing taste and texture!
Substances You’ll Want
So long as you’ve received jicamas, the remainder of the substances are probably in your pantry proper now! It solely takes just a few easy substances to make these scrumptious, crispy fries. Measurements for every of those substances will be discovered within the recipe card on the finish of the submit.
- Jicamas: Yow will discover these subsequent to different root greens on the grocery retailer. You’ll need them to be peeled and sliced earlier than you begin seasoning them.
- Olive Oil: Helps the seasonings stick and the outsides of the fries turn out to be good and crispy. Melted butter works too!
- Grated Parmesan: All the pieces is best with parmesan! It provides the perfect tacky taste to those baked jicama fries. Strive grating your individual parmesan for the perfect taste!
- Seasonings: I used a mix of minced garlic, smoked paprika, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper. You may alter the quantity you add to your liking!
Find out how to Make Baked Jicama Fries
It solely takes just a few easy steps to make these wholesome jicama fries! They work nice as an appetizer or fast and straightforward snack.
- Preheat Oven: Preheat oven to 425 levels F.
- Add Jicama Slices to a Bowl: In a big bowl add the jicama and fill with water till coated.
- Blanch: Microwave for 10 minutes or till tender. (You can even boil them for five minutes on the range.)
- Dry: Pressure and dry the jicama.
- Season: Add them to a bowl with the olive oil, garlic, paprika, Italian seasoning, parmesan, and salt and pepper.
- Bake: Place on a baking sheet with parchment and bake for 25-Half-hour or till crispy.
- Serve: Serve with fry sauce or ketchup
Suggestions for Making the Finest Jicama Fries
This scrumptious fry various is one among my favorites. Listed below are just a few further methods to ensure your batch seems completely!
- Blanch: Remember to blanch your jicama slices earlier than you bake them! It will make the insides of your fries good and tender. I wish to blanch my fries within the microwave. It’s hands-off and provides me time to arrange the seasoning!
- Extra Seasonings: These baked jicama fries are nice for customizing. If you would like just a little extra spice, attempt including a pinch of cayenne pepper to your seasoning combine! Cajun and lemon pepper seasonings are additionally nice for switching issues up!
You’ve received to have some scrumptious dips to serve your jicama fries with! They add an additional enhance of taste and are so creamy and scrumptious! These are just a few of my household’s favourite dips that we at all times have when selfmade fries are round! I do know you’ll love them as a lot as we do. Yow will discover my full listing of sauces and dips here.
Storing Leftover Fries
These yummy fries by no means final lengthy at our home, however you possibly can retailer and luxuriate in them later when you’ve got leftovers!
- Within the Fridge: In an hermetic container, your jicama fries will final for as much as 4 days.
Be aware: I at all times wish to crisp up my fries just a little after they’ve been refrigerated for just a few days. I like to recommend popping them within the oven on a baking sheet for about 10 minutes at 400 levels F.
Preheat oven to 425 levels F.
In a big bowl add the jicama and fill with water till coated.
Microwave for 10 minutes or till tender. (You can even boil them for five minutes on the range.)
Pressure and dry the jicama.
Add them to a bowl with the olive oil, garlic, paprika, Italian seasoning, parmesan, and salt and pepper.
Place on a baking sheet with parchment and bake for 25-Half-hour or till crispy.
Serve with fry sauce or ketchup.
Energy275kcal (14%)Carbohydrates31g (10%)Protein4g (8%)Fats16g (25%)Saturated Fats3g (15%)Polyunsaturated Fats2gMonounsaturated Fats10gLdl cholesterol5mg (2%)Sodium123mg (5%)Potassium527mg (15%)Fiber17g (68%)Sugar6g (7%)Vitamin A378IU (8%)Vitamin C67mg (81%)Calcium105mg (11%)Iron2mg (11%)
All dietary data is predicated on third celebration calculations and is barely an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will range relying on the manufacturers you employ, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.