This French onion dip recipe is so significantly better (and higher for you!) than store-bought soup mixes.
Caramelized onions are combined right into a creamy mixture of bitter cream, and mayonnaise, with some savory seasonings. An ideal dip.
What’s French Onion Dip?
This selfmade French onion dip recipe has been gracing picnics and events for over 50 years! It’s low carb, straightforward to make, and tastes nice. What’s to not love?
- With solely 6 elements this crowd-pleasing traditional is a favourite.
- It’s easy to make with simply two straightforward steps.
- Skip the onion soup combine, this recipe is constructed from scratch with recent elements and no preservatives, addititves or added MSG.
- It’s versatile sufficient to be a burger unfold or a dip for veggies and crackers, however it’s additionally nice as a topping for baked potatoes, baste rooster breasts earlier than grilling them, or skinny it out with milk for an on the spot salad dressing.
Substances for Home made French Onion Dip
Onions – Caramelized onions add sweetness and taste. One of the best onions for French onion dip are candy Vidalia onions, or Walla Walla onions. Yellow onions work properly too.
Caramelized onions do must be a bit bit candy and white onions aren’t candy sufficient whereas crimson onions are a bit too candy.
Bitter Cream/Mayonnaise – Bitter cream provides tang whereas and mayo makes a creamy base for French onion dip. Greek yogurt could be switched out for half the bitter cream for a tangier taste.
Seasonings –Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder are the one savory seasonings you want. Substitute Worcestershire with low sodium soy sauce or coconut aminos.
Cream Cheese Variation – In case you’d like a thicker creamy texture, soften 4 oz of cream cheese and beat with a hand mixer till fluffy. Cut back the bitter cream by 1/4 cup and proceed with the recipe as written.
Contemporary herbs could be added. Parsley, recent chives, and thyme are nice choices.
Seasonings – We maintain them easy so permit the flavour of the caramelized onions to shine. Sprinkle in a bit little bit of onion powder or dried onion for extra onion taste! Garnish with chives or paprika.
Find out how to Make French Onion Dip
- Saute chopped onions in butter in a skillet till they’re delicate and golden brown.
- Mix the remaining elements in a bowl (per recipe under) and add cooled onions.
- Season with salt & black pepper to style and chill a minimum of 2 hours earlier than serving.
What to Serve with French Onion Dip
- Veggies: celery sticks, carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower florets are an actual hit and look spectacular on a serving platter.
- Bread: mini-toasts, crostini, pretzel rods, breadsticks, crackers, and chips pair completely with this dip.
How Lengthy Does it Final?
Leftover French onion dip will maintain about 7 days within the fridge coated. Stir earlier than serving. Bitter cream doesn’t freeze or thaw properly, so it’s higher simply to make this dip recent each time!
Extra Dip Recipes to Attempt
Did your folks love this French Onion Dip? Go away us a score and a remark under!
French Onion Dip
That is a straightforward creamy dip loaded with caramelized onions. Serve chilled together with your favourite dippers!
Mix onion and butter in a small pan and prepare dinner over low warmth till the onion is golden. Be certain to not brown the onion, it is a very low and gradual course of and will take about 20-Half-hour or so. Cool fully.
Stir remaining elements and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours earlier than serving.
Energy: 222 | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 1g | Fats: 22g | Saturated Fats: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 9g | Monounsaturated Fats: 5g | Trans Fats: 0.2g | Ldl cholesterol: 32mg | Sodium: 161mg | Potassium: 93mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 280IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 0.2mg
Vitamin data supplied is an estimate and can range based mostly on cooking strategies and types of elements used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.