This vegan coleslaw is the right summer season facet dish. A creamy, candy, and tangy dressing coats numerous crunchy veggies – nobody’ll guess that it is vegan!
This straightforward vegan coleslaw is the right facet dish for a summer season cookout, picnic, or BBQ. It tastes similar to classic coleslaw, however the substances all occur to be 100% plant-based. A creamy, candy, and tangy dressing coats crunchy cabbage, carrots, and scallions. Set it out at your subsequent gathering with no matter you’re grilling, and I promise, it’ll be successful! Nobody will guess that this coleslaw is vegan.
Vegan Coleslaw Recipe Substances
This vegan coleslaw recipe requires 10 easy substances:
- Cabbage – I like utilizing a mixture of crimson cabbage and inexperienced cabbage to create a mix of colours, however you possibly can decide only one or the opposite in the event you choose.
- Carrots – For extra coloration and crunch! As a substitute of creating shredded carrots on a field grater, shave them into skinny ribbons utilizing a vegetable peeler.
- Scallions – They provide the slaw an oniony chunk.
- Vegan mayonnaise – It provides the dressing its creamy texture. Use store-bought, or make your own!
- Apple cider vinegar and Dijon mustard – For tang.
- Maple syrup – It sweetens the dressing.
- Celery seed – Its savory taste tastes implausible with the candy and tangy dressing.
- And salt and pepper – To make all of the flavors pop!
Discover the whole recipe with measurements beneath.
Step one on this vegan coleslaw recipe is making the dressing. You’ll love this do-it-yourself dressing. It’s SO rather more flavorful than a store-bought one, and it’s made with a handful of fundamental substances. It’s tremendous straightforward to combine up, too. Simply add the substances to a bowl and whisk to mix!
Then, toss collectively the veggies. I prefer to shred the cabbage and slice the carrots and scallions myself as a result of I feel it provides the slaw the perfect texture and taste. However in a pinch, pre-shredded coleslaw combine will work right here too. When you mix the scallions, cabbage, and carrots, add the dressing and toss to coat.
Season to style, and also you’re able to serve! This vegan coleslaw additionally retains effectively within the fridge for as much as 2 days.
What to Serve with Vegan Coleslaw
This vegan coleslaw is the right facet dish for a potluck or cookout! For a terrific plant-based BBQ, strive pairing it with any of those essential dish vegan recipes:
Extra Vegan Picnic Salads
For those who love this vegan coleslaw recipe, strive considered one of these vegan salads subsequent:
Serves 4 to six
Tossed in a creamy, tangy do-it-yourself dressing, this vegan coleslaw is a scrumptious facet dish for summer season cookouts and BBQs! It retains effectively within the fridge for as much as 2 days. Gluten-free, dairy-free.
- Scant ¾ cup Vegan Mayo*
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- ¾ teaspoon celery seed
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 8 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 medium carrots, peeled into skinny ribbons
- 3 scallions, chopped
- Freshly floor black pepper
Make the dressing. In a medium bowl, whisk collectively the mayo, apple cider vinegar, mustard, maple syrup, celery seed, salt, and a number of other grinds of pepper.
Make the coleslaw. In a big bowl, toss collectively the cabbage, carrots, and scallions. Pour the dressing excessive and toss to coat. Season to style with extra salt and pepper as desired.
*For store-bought vegan mayo, we like Sir Kensington’s Fabannaise or Chosen Meals.