Simple taco casserole is beef, cheese, and tortilla chips layered up and loaded with wealthy taste all through. It’s an easy-to-make, crowd-pleasing dinner that will probably be successful with everybody!
Isn’t Mexican meals so scrumptious?! We like it a lot round our home! If you wish to make some scrumptious facet dishes to go together with this casserole, then it is best to make this Mexican Rice, these homemade tortilla chips, after which finish the evening with Tres Leches for dessert!
Simple Taco Casserole Recipe
I used to be advised about simple taco casserole by a good friend who stated that I simply needed to make it! As soon as I attempted out this recipe, it shortly grew to become a favourite! I cherished it as a result of it was really easy to throw collectively! I already had the substances readily available, and inside 20 minutes, it was already within the oven!
On high of being simple, this taco casserole was completely scrumptious. It had excellent taco flavor, and I cherished the crunch from the tortilla chips. Everybody cherished it! There’s actually no finish to how buildable and versatile this casserole is. My children had been content material to maintain it easy with simply meat, cheese, and chips, whereas I layered it up with my favourite toppings. I added avocado, bitter cream, cilantro, and chopped lettuce! It was a enjoyable method to combine up a taco evening!
Taco Casserole Components
The bottom of those substances is very easy, and also you in all probability have already got most of them readily available! Take a look at the recipe card on the backside of the publish for actual measurements.
- Hamburger meat: Lean floor beef is greatest for much less grease and tender meat.
- Onion: You mix this with the meat to prepare dinner, which infuses a whole lot of flavors.
- Tomato Soup: That is what you’ll simmer the meat in.
- Water: The water helps prepare dinner the meat and incorporate seasonings.
- Taco Seasoning: You may make your individual home made taco seasoning with this recipe or packaged seasoning works nicely with these tacos too.
- Tortilla Chips: Provides a crunch to the casserole. Make them at dwelling within the air fryer with this recipe!
- Grated Mexican Cheese: Helps bind the casserole collectively and offers nice taste!
- Toppings: Lettuce, cilantro, avocado, tomatoes, olives, and the rest that you simply love!
Tips on how to Make a Taco Casserole
This taco casserole is very easy to make. And I really like that I could make it forward of time and freeze it for later! See the ideas under on the best way to retailer it and freeze it for later.
- Brown the Meat: Brown the bottom beef with the onion in a skillet. Add the tomato soup and taco seasoning with one can of water.
- Layer: Break up tortilla chips. Layer chips, hamburger combine, and cheese in a 9 x 13 baking dish. Repeat layers ending with cheese.
- Bake: Bake for 15-20 minutes at 350 levels Fahrenheit.
- Add Toppings: Serve with favourite toppings like bitter cream, lettuce, inexperienced onions, and black olives!
Topping and Variations
The beauty of this taco casserole recipe is that it leaves room so that you can make it distinctive for you and your loved ones! Let me know what your favourite model is!
- Protein: Strive it with floor turkey, floor rooster, shredded rooster, shredded pork, or finely sliced steak (sirloin, flank steak, or skirt steak is greatest).
- Cheese: Pepper jack is superior on this casserole, however any of your favourite cheeses will work. I encourage you to make use of freshly grated cheese. It really works higher for melting as a result of pre-shredded cheese is usually coated with preservatives that hold it from melting correctly.
- Chips: For extra taste, attempt Doritos or Fritos as a substitute of the tortilla chips. Or, in the event you plan to freeze or make forward, attempt flour or corn tortillas as a substitute of chips.
- Layers: Refried beans, guacamole, salsa, black or pinto beans, rice, or tater tots all make nice layer additions or substitutions.
- Elective Garnish: Cherry tomatoes, inexperienced onion, cilantro, bitter cream, sliced avocado, serrano peppers, purple bell peppers, pico de gallo, sliced olives, or diced jalapenos.
Storing Your Casserole
One factor I do to save lots of myself time when making this simple taco casserole is to make and freeze the meat combination forward of time. (It would final for as much as 3 months within the freezer.) Then, I can simply thaw out the meat, throw collectively the opposite layers, and have the complete factor heating within the oven in minutes! This may even forestall any sogginess in your chips that might occur from storing the casserole already layered.
- To Retailer AFTER Baking: Let cool, then place in an hermetic container, refrigerate, and use inside 3-4 days.
- Make and Take: Make in a foil pan if planning to ship to a good friend or member of the family. This fashion, they will simply get rid of the pan when they’re accomplished having fun with the meal. Write the baking instructions on the highest of the foil pan for them, in order that they have heating instructions helpful.
Serve with favourite toppings like bitter cream, lettuce, inexperienced onions, or black olives.
Initially Posted on: July 31, 2012
Energy401kcal (20%)Carbohydrates19g (6%)Protein23g (46%)Fats26g (40%)Saturated Fats12g (60%)Polyunsaturated Fats1gMonounsaturated Fats10gTrans Fats1gLdl cholesterol89mg (30%)Sodium940mg (39%)Potassium602mg (17%)Fiber3g (12%)Sugar6g (7%)Vitamin A985IU (20%)Vitamin C11mg (13%)Calcium301mg (30%)Iron3mg (17%)
All dietary info relies on third occasion calculations and is simply an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will fluctuate relying on the manufacturers you utilize, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.