A spiced Pumpkin Cobbler is one of the best fall dessert! That is a simple pumpkin recipe is a wealthy pumpkin cake that makes its personal silky caramel sauce because it bakes, topped with a crunchy pecan crumble.
The Excellent Pumpkin Pecan Cobbler for Fall!
In the event you’ve been attempting to find the right dessert to whip up for all of your fall capabilities, you possibly can formally name off the search. When you’ve tried this saucy and spiced pumpkin cobbler, you’ll be hard-pressed to seek out one other dessert prefer it. This recipe is so scrumptious and SO straightforward. The layers of caramelized sauce, pumpkin cake, and toasty pecans are scrumptious. It’s a wealthy, decadent dessert subtly flavored with pumpkin spice. And if it isn’t a given with that description, take it from me: your own home goes to odor AMAZING.
My do-it-yourself pumpkin cobbler has you sorted as a go-to fall dessert for Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and past.
Why You’ll Love This Cobbler Recipe
Somebody as soon as in contrast this to an upside-down Pumpkin Dump Cake, and so they weren’t far off! Listed here are simply among the causes to like this fall cobbler:
- It’s a simple pumpkin dessert. The fantastic thing about a cobbler is in how straightforward it’s to make! Easy substances, quick prep time, after which the oven does the remainder.
- It has sugar, spice, and every part good. This recipe checks all of the packing containers for a comfortable dessert. It takes a superbly spiced pumpkin cake batter and many brown sugar and bakes it below a layer of toasted pecans.
- The caramel sauce makes itself. All that brown sugar melts down because the cobbler bakes, turning into the silkiest sauce ever by the point the pumpkin cobbler leaves the oven. It’s completely magic to spoon over the cobbler when serving!
I’ve rounded up every part you’ll must make this good pumpkin cobbler under. Please seek advice from the recipe card for the total particulars!
- Pumpkin Pie Spice: You will discover pumpkin spice blends within the spice aisle of most grocery shops. It consists of floor cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, ginger, and generally allspice. It’s truthfully a fall necessity!
- Baking Powder
- Sugar: I make the pumpkin batter utilizing white sugar, whereas a mix of gentle brown sugar and white sugar goes into the cobbler topping.
- Butter: You need to use salted or unsalted butter. Soften the butter within the microwave earlier than you begin.
- Pumpkin Puree: Just remember to’re utilizing 100% pumpkin puree, and never canned pumpkin pie filling! They aren’t the identical factor, and it does make a distinction.
- Vanilla: You’ll be able to’t beat the genuine taste of actual vanilla extract. It’s well worth the splurge, I promise!
- Chopped Pecans: Toasted pecans are tossed with white and brown sugar for the cobbler topping.
- Vanilla Ice Cream: Or whipped cream, a should for serving!
What’s Higher, Canned Pumpkin or Contemporary?
I’ve at all times discovered that canned pumpkin lends one of the best taste to pumpkin desserts. Nonetheless, each canned and contemporary pumpkin puree will work on this cobbler recipe. So, when you’ve got a favourite do-it-yourself pumpkin recipe you’re dying to make use of, go proper forward.
Tips on how to Make Pumpkin Cobbler
Get that oven preheating to 350°F and let’s make some fall-icious pumpkin cobbler!
Make the Batter: First, mix the flour and dry substances in a single bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk collectively the moist substances. Add the moist substances to the flour combination and stir till you wind up with a thick batter.
Fill the Pan: Subsequent, add the batter to a greased 8×8 baking dish. Set this apart whilst you put together the topping.
Put together the Pecan Combination: In a skillet on the stovetop, calmly toast the pecans. Bear in mind to stir usually and take the pecans off the warmth as soon as they’re aromatic and barely golden. Stir the toasted pecans into a mix of white and brown sugars.
Add the Topping: Unfold the pecan topping evenly over the batter within the baking dish. Lastly, pour sizzling water excessive of the cobbler. Don’t stir! The water will meld with the sugar because the cobbler bakes, leading to a sticky, irresistible caramelized sauce.
Bake: Bake the pumpkin cobbler for 45 to 55 minutes, till it’s set within the center. Give the cobbler the prospect to chill for a bit on the counter as soon as it’s out of the oven, then serve!
We love this pumpkin dessert topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of the cobbler’s brown sugar sauce. See under for simpler serving ideas!
Suggestions for Success
Listed here are some useful hints when making this pumpkin cobbler recipe:
- Don’t stir after including the recent water. Belief me! Even if you see pecans bobbing alongside the floor of the water like little toasted buoys, bake the cobbler similar to that. The water will take in the sugars from the topping, and switch right into a deliciously caramelized sauce.
- Place the baking dish on a cookie sheet. This makes it a lot simpler to switch the cobbler to and from the oven.
- For a nut-free pumpkin cobbler, omit the pecans. It seems simply as tasty, minus the crunch!
This pumpkin cobbler is at its finest served heat from the oven, smothered in its personal sauce, and topped with ice cream! Listed here are simpler methods to decorate up a do-it-yourself cobbler:
Tips on how to Retailer and Reheat Leftovers
Retailer leftover pumpkin cobbler hermetic within the fridge, both in a container or tightly wrapped in plastic wrap for as much as 2-3 days.
I discover it’s finest to reheat this cobbler within the oven coated in foil. Particular person parts take about 10-Quarter-hour at 350ºF, whereas the total cobbler can take nearer to half-hour. Preserve a watch whereas your cobbler reheats and take it out as quickly because it’s warmed all through.
In a pinch, you possibly can reheat the cobbler within the microwave. Nonetheless, the feel simply gained’t be as good.
Can I Freeze Pumpkin Cobbler?
This pumpkin cobbler may be frozen complete or in parts. Merely wait till the cobbler is totally cool, then retailer it tightly wrapped in plastic wrap or in an hermetic container. Cobbler that’s correctly saved will preserve frozen for as much as 3-4 months.
Defrost the pumpkin cobbler within the fridge in a single day earlier than reheating and serving.
This spiced Pumpkin Cobbler is a simple pumpkin recipe and one of the best fall dessert! Made with wealthy pumpkin cake soaked in caramel sauce beneath a toasted pecan topping.
- 1 1/4 cup all objective flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup gentle brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups sizzling water
- Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream to serve
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat an 8×8 baking dish calmly with nonstick spray and put aside.
- In a big bowl whisk collectively the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, salt, and granulated sugar. Put aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk collectively the melted butter, pumpkin, milk, and vanilla till clean. Stir this into the flour combination, forming a thick batter.
- Unfold the batter into the ready pan and put aside,
- Topping: Place pecans In a medium skillet over medium warmth. Stirring often toast the pecans till calmly golden and aromatic. Take away from the warmth.
- In a medium bowl combine collectively the granulated and light-weight brown sugar. Stir within the pecans to mix.
- Sprinkle this combination on prime of the cake batter.
- Instantly pour the recent water onto the topping. Do NOT stir.
- Place the pan on a baking sheet and bake for 45- 55 minutes, till the middle is ready. The water will mix with the sugar forming a sauce beneath the cake.
- Enable the cobbler to chill for 15 – 20 minutes and serve with whipped cream or ice cream, scooping the sauce on prime.
Key phrases: pumpkin desserts, straightforward pumpkin recipes, fall desserts
Need To Save This Recipe?
Discover extra recipes like this:
Extra Fall Baking Concepts
PIN for later: