Making a giant pot of turkey noodle soup is one of the best ways to make use of up your Thanksgiving leftovers! It’s creamy, savory, and stuffed with scrumptious herbs and veggies! Your loved ones goes to like this simple, hearty meal.
Nothing compares to home made soup. It’s simply so flavorful, comforting, and scrumptious! I’ve too many favourite soup recipes to depend. A number of you’ve acquired to attempt, although, is that this copycat zuppa toscana, pasta e fagioli, and Italian wedding soup!
Turkey Noodle Soup (Nice for Thanksgiving Leftovers!)
I don’t learn about you, however after Thanksgiving I at all times have extra turkey than I do know what to do with. You possibly can solely have so many turkey steaks earlier than you begin to get burned out, so make this soup as a substitute! I truthfully suppose it rivals my homemade chicken noodle, and that’s saying one thing! When you do that turkey noodle soup for your self, you’ll see what I imply. It’s simply too good.
That is one among my favourite issues to make after Thanksgiving as a result of it’s so comforting and scrumptious. The broth is extraordinarily flavorful and creamy! When you add recent herbs, veggies, and thick egg noodles, it actually comes collectively. After all, we are able to’t neglect the leftover Thanksgiving turkey you labored so laborious on! Shred some up for juicy bits of goodness all through this scrumptious home made soup. From there, all it is advisable to do is seize some saltine crackers and prepare for a comfy evening in!
Substances for Turkey Noodle Soup
The wonderful thing about this turkey noodle soup is the entire pantry staples it makes use of. As soon as Thanksgiving is over, the final factor I wish to do is make a visit to the grocery retailer! See the recipe card under for actual measurements.
- Butter: Used for cooking the diced veggies in.
- Onion: For soups, I often use sweeter onions. Go for white or yellow!
- Carrots: You’ll need these to be peeled and diced.
- Celery Stalks: I like diced celery in soup as a result of it provides the most effective texture!
- Minced Garlic: Contemporary garlic is the most effective for including in savory taste.
- Herbs: Time to interrupt out your spice rack! To present your soup the most effective taste, add dried thyme, dried parsley, and dried basil as properly.
- Flour: Add a bit flour to thicken your broth.
- Turkey Broth: This acts as the bottom of your soup. You possibly can both use prepackaged broth or make your personal! Hen broth can even work.
- Shredded Turkey: One other method to make use of up leftover turkey meat from Thanksgiving!
- Canned Evaporated Milk: A must-add for creaminess.
- Salt and Pepper: Add each to style.
- Noodles: I used dried home made type egg noodles.
- Frozen Peas: You’ll throw these in on the finish to make your turkey soup a bit extra hearty.
Utilizing Bouillon Cubes
For an additional pop of savory taste, throw in a chicken bouillon cube! It provides this turkey noodle soup the right seasoned, umami taste. I sometimes use 1 bouillon dice per 2 cups of water.
Let’s Make Some Home made Soup!
This noodle soup is SO simple to make and the most effective for leftover turkey from Thanksgiving! Your loved ones goes to adore it. When you begin making soup from scratch, you gained’t return!
- Prepare dinner Greens: In a big pot over medium excessive warmth, add the butter and soften. Then add the onion, carrots, and celery. Prepare dinner and stir till greens are softened. Stir in garlic, thyme, parsley, and basil, and prepare dinner for 1 minute.
- Add Flour: Sprinkle the flour over the cooked greens. Stir till a paste kinds.
- Add Broth: Add the broth, thyme, parsley, and basil, and whisk for about 5 minutes or till the combination begins to barely thicken.
- Combine in Remaining Substances, Simmer: Add the shredded turkey, evaporated milk, and noodles to the pot. Cut back the warmth to low and simmer for about quarter-hour, or till the noodles are tender. Stir within the frozen peas and prepare dinner a further 5 minutes.
- Season to Style: Earlier than serving, regulate the seasoning by including salt and pepper if wanted. The seasoning will have to be adjusted relying on how seasoned the turkey is that you’re utilizing. Garnish with recent parsley!
Making Home made Turkey Inventory
This turkey noodle soup is tremendous simple to make from scratch because of the entire leftovers from Thanksgiving. If you wish to make home made turkey inventory, save your turkey carcass and bones. Add it to a big stockpot with one gallon of water alongside together with your favourite herbs and seasonings. Then, let it simmer for about 3 hours and pressure as soon as it’s finished. You should utilize this rather than packaged hen or turkey broth.
Is there something higher than leftover soup? It’s really easy to warmth up for a hearty lunch. Now that you’ve got a giant pot of turkey noodle soup made, right here’s learn how to preserve it tasting recent and scrumptious!
- Within the Fridge: Retailer turkey noodle soup in an hermetic container for 3-4 days.
Can Turkey Noodle Soup Be Frozen?
Sure! Let your turkey noodle soup cool after which switch it to a gallon-sized freezer bag. Freeze for 2-3 months. Thaw in a single day within the fridge earlier than reheating.
In a big pot over medium excessive warmth, add the butter and soften. Add the onion, carrots, and celery. Prepare dinner and stir till greens are softened. Stir in garlic, thyme, parsley, and basil, and prepare dinner for 1 minute.
Sprinkle the flour over the cooked greens. Stir till a paste kinds.
Add the broth, thyme, parsley, and basil, and whisk for about 5 minutes or till the combination begins to barely thicken.
Add the shredded turkey, evaporated milk, and noodles to the pot. Cut back the warmth to low and simmer for about quarter-hour, or till the noodles are tender. Stir within the frozen peas and prepare dinner a further 5 minutes.
Earlier than serving, regulate the seasoning by including salt and pepper if wanted. The seasoning will have to be adjusted relying on how seasoned the turkey is that you’re utilizing. Garnish with recent parsley!
Energy410kcal (21%)Carbohydrates35g (12%)Protein32g (64%)Fats16g (25%)Saturated Fats8g (40%)Polyunsaturated Fats1gMonounsaturated Fats4gTrans Fats0.3gLdl cholesterol122mg (41%)Sodium1429mg (60%)Potassium690mg (20%)Fiber4g (16%)Sugar11g (12%)Vitamin A5766IU (115%)Vitamin C14mg (17%)Calcium212mg (21%)Iron3mg (17%)
All dietary info relies on third celebration calculations and is barely an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will fluctuate relying on the manufacturers you employ, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.