On the lookout for a scrumptious dinner? This comforting rooster noodle casserole is the reply!
This baked rooster noodle casserole might be on the dinner menu rotation all yr lengthy!
A comfy creamy casserole with rooster, egg noodles, and inexperienced peas is smothered in a fast and creamy sauce and baked till bubbly.
This recipe makes use of a shortcut sauce (from scratch directions are included too!) to create a belly-warming meal very quickly in any respect!
An Straightforward Household Favourite
- Chicken and noodles are an ideal pariing for a fast and straightforward meal.
- Make the shortcut sauce with frequent pantry substances or if time permits, go for the do-it-yourself sauce within the notes.
- Clear out the fridge by including leftovers like meats and veggies to this dish.
- Get pleasure from this casserole dinner in simply half-hour or put together upfront for a busy weeknight meal.
Maintain the fundamentals like cream of rooster soup and the meat, however be happy to substitute the add-ins relying on what you’ve gotten readily available!
Pasta – Use fusilli, penne, tortellini, or some other medium pasta as a substitute of egg noodles.
Rooster – Use rotisserie rooster or leftover cooked rooster on this recipe. Diced ham or leftover turkey for a change.
Veggies – Combine in your favourite frozen veggies like peas, carrots, or broccoli. To make use of recent greens, prepare dinner to tender crisp earlier than including to the dish.
Sauce – The short model of this sauce makes use of cream of rooster soup, however a do-it-yourself model can be included within the recipe notes.
- Swap in your favourite cheese rather than cheddar cheese like pepper jack for a kick.
- Crushed Ritz crackers or potato chips make an awesome topping rather than Panko bread crumbs.
- Add herbs like recent thyme or parlsey to the sauce if desired.
The best way to Make Rooster Noodle Casserole
This simple consolation meals favourite is prepared in just some steps!
- Boil noodles in a big pot till al-dente.
- Mix all substances in a casserole dish per the recipe under.
- Sprinkle on toppings and bake till golden brown and bubbly.
It’s that simple to make a scrumptious weeknight meal!
Ideas for a Nice Casserole
- Cook dinner the pasta till it’s simply al dente in salted water. It is going to prepare dinner a bit extra within the oven because the casserole bakes.
- Begin with pre-cooked breasts. Should you don’t have cooked rooster, attempt making poached chicken breast. Save the boiling water to prepare dinner the pasta for a lift of taste.
- If substituting recent veggies, add them to the pasta water throughout the previous few minutes till tender. This protects the step of cooking them.
- Cheese is optionally available however provides nice taste to the topping.
The best way to Freeze Casseroles
Freezing casseroles is an effective way to have a future dinner prepared on the final minute or a potluck meal to go. Simply be certain to not freeze a casserole with uncooked meat in it. Right here’s a straightforward methodology for freezing any type of casserole!
- Line the underside of a casserole dish with aluminum foil or parchment paper, overlapping by at the least 6 inches on either side.
- Assemble the casserole and chill it in a single day within the fridge. Wrap the casserole tightly in plastic wrap and label it with the date.
- Freeze the casserole. As soon as frozen, you possibly can carry the foil out of the pan and reuse the dish.
- Place the casserole within the freezer. As soon as frozen, the foil will be lifted out of the pan so your pan can be utilized once more!
Extra Nice Casserole Recipes
Should you love this rooster noodle casserole recipe, listed below are just a few extra favorites so as to add to your rotation!
Did you take pleasure in this Rooster Noodle Casserole? You should definitely go away a ranking and a remark under!
Straightforward Rooster Noodle Casserole
This simple Rooster Noodle Casserole is topped with a scrumptious breadcrumb combination and baked till bubbly!
Preheat the oven to 425°F.
Cook dinner the egg noodles in a pot of boiling, salted water till al dente, following the bundle instructions. Drain properly.
Convey a saucepan of salted water to a boil over excessive warmth. Cook dinner egg noodles al dente (agency) in line with bundle instructions. Drain properly.
In a 2-quart casserole dish, mix the cooked egg noodles, shredded rooster, rooster soup, milk, frozen peas, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
In a small bowl, combine the cheddar cheese, breadcrumbs, and melted butter. Sprinkle the combination over the casserole.
Bake for 20 minutes, or till bubbly. If desired, broil for 1 minute to brown the topping.
- Seasonings resembling thyme or poultry seasoning will be stirred into the sauce. I discover canned soup salty sufficient however you possibly can add further salt if desired.
- If substituting recent greens, add them to the pasta water throughout the previous few minutes till tender.
- Cook dinner pasta simply till it’s simply al dente.
- Should you don’t have cooked rooster, simmer rooster breasts in a little bit of water or broth for quarter-hour or till cooked by means of. Save the rooster water for cooking the pasta.
- 1 cup of sharp cheddar cheese will be added to the sauce if desired.
To Make Home made Condensed Cream of Rooster Soup
- ¾ cup milk
- ¾ cup rooster broth
- ½ cup mild cream
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon poultry seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon every onion powder and garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
Mix all substances besides butter in a chilly saucepan and whisk properly.
Place over medium warmth and proceed whisking till thickened. Stir in butter and season with salt & pepper to style and use rather than canned cream of rooster soup.
Serving: 1.25cups | Energy: 342 | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 30g | Fats: 11g | Saturated Fats: 4g | Ldl cholesterol: 90mg | Sodium: 655mg | Potassium: 405mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 573IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 83mg | Iron: 3mg
Diet data offered is an estimate and can fluctuate primarily based on cooking strategies and types of substances used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.