Crispy breaded hen, angel hair pasta, and a tremendous lemon garlic butter sauce mix to make this knockout hen scampi. It’s gentle, flavorful, and prepared in lower than half-hour!
When you’re a fan of traditional shrimp scampi, you’re going to LOVE this hen model! It has alllll that garlic butter goodness you crave! When you’re in search of extra fast and straightforward dinners which can be filled with lemon garlic taste, you’ve bought to do that salmon piccata and chicken piccata as effectively.
Simple Skillet Hen Scampi Recipe
Hen scampi, also called hen escalopes or hen cutlets, are skinny items of meat which can be breaded and pan-fried. They’re sometimes served with a garlic butter sauce. (The luscious sauce is what makes hen scampi so superb!!) Scampi is mostly made with veal or shrimp, however it may be made out of any sort of poultry. I personally love making it with hen as a result of I all the time have some readily available in my freezer!
Hen scampi is scrumptious and so spectacular, however takes lower than half-hour to organize! That is considered one of my go-to midweek dinners due to how extremely straightforward it’s. To not point out, my household goes completely loopy over it! The foodies and choosy eaters alike in your own home will probably be raving. There’s simply nothing higher than the mixture of crispy seared hen, recent veggies, and a mattress of pasta all glazed in garlic butter!
Hen Scampi Elements
Don’t let the prolonged checklist of substances deceive you, they’re all pantry staples! You will discover measurements for every ingredient within the recipe card beneath.
- Angel Hair Pasta: Angel hair pasta goes completely with oil and butter-based sauces. You can too swap this out for spaghetti or fettuccine noodles.
- Olive Oil: That is used for sauteing your greens in! I really like the earthy taste that olive oil provides, however you possibly can positively swap this out in your favourite cooking oil.
- Bell Pepper: I used crimson and yellow bell peppers due to their candy taste! I additionally just like the pop of colour that they add to the dish.
- Crimson Onion: Chopped crimson onion provides a touch of sharp, savory taste, and additional texture all through the scampi.
- Boneless Hen Tenders: For simple prep, I like to purchase boneless hen tenders since they’re already the best dimension for cooking.
- Italian Seasoning: This mix of herbs and seasonings provides the BEST taste to the hen. You should buy this premade or make your individual personalized mix utilizing my recipe here!
- Salt and Pepper: Add to style, enhances the flavour of the general dish.
- Flour: All-purpose flour is used to coat the hen tenders in. It creates a lightweight and crispy outer layer when cooked!
- Butter: Used for cooking the hen in. It additionally provides additional richness and taste!
- Minced Garlic: Garlic is the important thing to this flavorful sauce! It packs every chunk of hen, pasta, and veggies with superb savory taste.
- Dry White Wine: A splash of white wine like chardonnay or sauvignon blanc boosts the general taste of the hen scampi.
- Lemon Juice: There actually isn’t something higher than the mixture of lemon and garlic. Add a squeeze of lemon juice for a touch of zesty taste!
- Parsley: I really like topping my dishes with recent herbs. Parsley not solely appears nice as a garnish however provides additional taste and aromatics, too!
- Grated Parmesan: Who doesn’t love just a little grated parmesan on prime? This actually brings the dish collectively and provides a pop of tacky taste.
Find out how to Make Hen Scampi
Hen scampi is considered one of my favourite meals to make for my household as a result of it not solely tastes unbelievable, however comes collectively in lower than half-hour from begin to end! It’s past straightforward to make however tastes prefer it got here out of your favourite Italian restaurant.
- Prepare dinner Pasta: In a big pot, convey the water to a boil. Add the pasta and prepare dinner to al dente. Drain and put aside.
- Saute Greens: In a medium-sized skillet add 1 tablespoon olive oil, peppers and crimson onion. Saute for 3-4 minutes or till tender. Take away and put aside on a plate.
- Prepare dinner Hen: Add one tablespoon butter to the skillet. Dredge your hen in flour then season with Italian seasoning and salt and pepper. Add the tenders to the skillet and prepare dinner till golden brown on either side for 5-7 minutes. Take away and put aside on a plate.
- Add Sauce Elements: Add remaining butter and garlic. Prepare dinner garlic for about 1 minute after which stir within the white wine. Let it simmer and cut back. Add in recent lemon juice and parsley.
- Mix and Serve: Add the pasta, peppers, and hen to the sauce. Toss till coated and serve with grated parmesan cheese.
Ideas and Variations
Listed below are just a few methods you possibly can customise your hen scampi! I’ve additionally included some tasty sides to finish your meal. Between the crispy, golden hen and buttery sauce, this has shortly develop into a favourite with my household. I’m positive you and yours will find it irresistible simply as a lot!
- Use Hen Breasts: You possibly can positively use hen breasts as a substitute of hen tenders! I prefer to freeze hen breasts in bulk so this can be a wonderful means to make use of up that inventory. If frozen, let thaw in a single day earlier than use. Merely lower them in half earlier than coating them with flour and seasonings and so they’re able to go!
- Add Spice: When you’re wanting to show up the warmth, attempt including crimson pepper flakes to your garlic butter scampi sauce for just a little kick!
- Serve With: I all the time like serving my hen scampi with rolls or breadsticks. My children love dipping their bread within the garlicky sauce! To finish your meal, you can even serve this dish alongside salads like this Italian chopped salad or Olive Garden-inspired salad.
Don’t throw away your leftover hen scampi, it makes the BEST lunches all through the week!
- Within the Fridge: Retailer hen scampi in an hermetic container for 2-3 days.
- Reheating: I prefer to reheat my scampi over the range on medium warmth till warmed by. You can too pop it within the microwave for 30-second intervals.
In a big pot, convey the water to a boil. Add the pasta and prepare dinner to al dente. Drain and put aside.
In a medium sized skillet add 1 tablespoon olive oil, peppers and crimson onion. Saute for 3-4 minutes or till tender. Take away and put aside on a plate.
Add one tablespoon butter to the skillet. Dredge your hen tenders in flour after which season with Italian seasoning and salt and pepper. Add the tenders to the skillet and prepare dinner till golden brown on either side for 5-7 minutes. Take away and put aside on a plate.
Add remaining butter and garlic. Prepare dinner garlic for about 1 minute after which add the white wine. Let it simmer and cut back. Add in lemon juice and parsley.
Add the pasta, peppers, and hen to the sauce. Toss till coated and serve with grated parmesan.
All dietary info is predicated on third celebration calculations and is just an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will range relying on the manufacturers you employ, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.