Topped with oats, brown sugar, and cinnamon, these baked pears make the right low-calorie cobbler-like deal with! Serve them with a facet of ice cream for a scrumptious dessert, or eat them within the morning with some yogurt for a wonderfully candy begin to your day.
Fall is certainly one of my favourite seasons for baking! The home has lastly cooled off sufficient to get pleasure from turning on the oven, and there are such a lot of recent fruits that style even higher baked. This baked pear dessert is just like a cobbler, which simply occurs to be certainly one of my fall favorites! If you’d like a very nice fall cobbler recipe, do that Old Fashioned Apple Cobbler, or these scrumptious Mini Peach Cobblers. I can’t neglect a brand new favourite of mine, this Strawberry Cobbler!
Baked Pears Recipe
I’ve had so many baked apples in my lifetime, I can’t imagine it took me till now to strive a baked pear. If you’re a fan of easy and fast fruity desserts, that is the recipe for you! This baked pear packs all of the flavors of a cobbler with half the work. I really like how straightforward these had been to whip up and the way they completely blew away my visitors. This recipe requires 3 pears, which can make sufficient for six servings, however you possibly can simply double this recipe to feed a crowd!
One among my favourite methods to get pleasure from ripe fruit within the fall is to bake them! Baking pears brings out all of their pure sweetness and goes so effectively with fall spices, like this Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice. These pears are nice heat or chilly, so that they make a tremendous vacation breakfast snack. I really like how versatile the substances are, and had an exquisite time serving these to my visitors. I’ll undoubtedly be making them once more quickly!
Baked Pear Substances
This recipe has 6 easy substances, however they are surely all that you must create an exquisite fall dessert! Change up the substances to create all types of great taste profiles that your loved ones will love.
- Pears: I used D’Anjou pears for this recipe, however your favourite pear will work nice! Simply be sure that they aren’t overripe, or they may get mushy if you bake them.
- Brown Sugar: This provides that good sweetness to the crumble on high, you don’t wish to skip this ingredient!
- Flour: I used all-purpose for this recipe. It helps to maintain the topping collectively after it’s baked.
- Rolled Oats: You should utilize old school or on the spot since they may soften within the oven both approach.
- Cinnamon: This provides the right heat fall taste to the dish!
- Salt: Just a bit salt brings out the flavors in the entire substances!
- Butter: Since you are already including salt, use unsalted butter. When you solely have salted butter available, reduce on the salt on this recipe.
Baked Pear Directions
These baked pears take about 10 minutes to prep and are so stunning when baked, you’ll come again to this recipe time and time once more! I personally cherished having one for breakfast the subsequent day.
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 375° Fahrenheit, and spray a 13×9 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Slice: Wash and dry the pears, then slice vertically down the middle of every pear.
- Hole: Use a melon baller or a spoon to spoon out the seeds and create a small part to fill with the topping. I additionally like to chop off a small part behind every pear to assist them lay flat within the baking dish.
- Set in Dish: Place the pears within the ready baking dish.
- Whisk: In a medium bowl, whisk collectively the brown sugar, flour, oats, cinnamon, and salt.
- Minimize Butter: Toss the items of butter in with the substances and use a pastry blender, two knives, your fingers, or the rest to chop the butter in till the combination is crumbly.
- Prime Pears: Sprinkle the topping evenly over the pears within the ready baking dish.
- Bake: Bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes till pears are fork tender.
- Serve: Serve with ice cream on high and/or a drizzle of honey for additional sweetness!
Different Topping Concepts
One of the best factor about this recipe is it’s so straightforward to modify it up and make it your personal! Listed below are a number of concepts of different yummy toppings you could possibly use to take this baked pear to the subsequent degree.
- Nuts: Walnuts, pecans, or slivered almonds add additional taste and vitamins!
- Honey: As a substitute of brown sugar, use honey! This pure sugar is good, and you need to use much less of it to get the identical nice taste.
- Vanilla Frozen Yogurt: If you’re seeking to maintain this recipe decrease calorie however don’t wish to miss out on a creamy facet, vanilla frozen yogurt is the right pair (see what I did there?).
- Maple Syrup: One other substitution for brown sugar, maple syrup goes completely with the flavour of the pear and cinnamon!
- Apple Pie Spice: When you maintain this spice mix available as I do, use it! The cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom and ginger take this baked pear recipe to the subsequent degree!
What Varieties Of Pears To Use:
Be happy to make use of any kind of pear for this recipe, your favourite pear is one of the best pear! I LOVE to make use of D’Anjou pears, however any pear works nice. I all the time use Asian pears across the holidays once I wish to impress my visitors with a fancier presentation. It helps for the pears to be ripe however nonetheless barely agency. If the pears are over-ripe they may get too smooth if you bake them. If the pears are under-ripe they may take longer to bake, so you’ll want to alter the time in accordance with the ripeness of your pears.
Methods to Retailer your Leftovers
These baked pears make good leftovers as a result of they are often loved heat or chilly!
- Within the Fridge: Retailer in an airtight container for 3-5 days within the fridge, however I doubt they may final that lengthy earlier than being eaten!
- To Reheat: These are simply reheated within the microwave or within the oven, and style simply pretty much as good! They may also be eaten chilly with yogurt for a pleasant breakfast.
Preheat the oven to 375° Fahrenheit, and spray a 13×9 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
Wash and dry the pears, then slice vertically down the middle of every pear.
Use a melon baller or a spoon to spoon out the seeds and create a small part to fill with the topping. I additionally like to chop off a small part behind every pear to assist them lay flat within the baking dish.
Place the pears within the ready baking dish.
In a medium bowl, whisk collectively the brown sugar, flour, oats, cinnamon, and salt.
Toss the items of butter in with the substances and use a pastry blender, two knives, your fingers, or the rest to chop the butter in till the combination is crumbly.
Sprinkle the topping evenly over the pears within the ready baking dish.
Bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes till pears are fork tender.
Serve with ice cream on high and/or a drizzle of honey for additional sweetness!
Energy186kcal (9%)Carbohydrates29g (10%)Protein1g (2%)Fats8g (12%)Saturated Fats5g (25%)Polyunsaturated Fats0.5gMonounsaturated Fats2gTrans Fats0.3gLdl cholesterol20mg (7%)Sodium65mg (3%)Potassium137mg (4%)Fiber3g (12%)Sugar18g (20%)Vitamin A260IU (5%)Vitamin C4mg (5%)Calcium24mg (2%)Iron1mg (6%)
All dietary info is predicated on third social gathering calculations and is simply an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will differ relying on the manufacturers you utilize, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.