Home made Brussels sprouts au gratin is a brand new twist for these superfood veggies!
Contemporary Brussels sprouts are baked in a creamy cheese sauce and able to serve very quickly! This tasty recipe is creamy, savory, and oh-so-satisfying!
It’s a wealthy facet dish to serve with a easy primary dish like roasted rooster, baked ham, or pan-fried fish.
Straightforward Tacky Brussels Sprouts
- Tacky brussels sprouts are baked in a calmly seasoned cream sauce till they’re tender. It’s elegant sufficient for a vacation however simple sufficient to make any day of the week.
- This facet might be made forward of time and baked earlier than serving.
- Brussels sprouts are filled with taste and loaded with fiber and vitamins. And once they’re baked in a tasty cheese sauce, even the children will love them!
- This simple recipe takes solely quarter-hour of prep and might be cooked alongside the primary dish like baked chicken, turkey dinner, or meatloaf.
Components for Brussels Sprouts au Gratin
Brussels Sprouts – Select heavy, agency brussels sprouts which might be about the identical measurement, so that they prepare dinner evenly, and reduce the bigger halves into quarters if mandatory.
Cheese sauce – This cheese sauce is made with heavy cream and cheese (no roux required)! Cheddar cheese and parmesan have daring flavors however strive different favorites. Gruyere cheese, mozzarella, and even smoked cheddar would add nice taste.
I favor to maintain the sauce easy, however you possibly can add a few cloves of garlic (saute in butter first), a pinch of contemporary thyme, or dry mustard should you’d like.
Add-ins – Diced sundried tomatoes, sliced mushrooms, bacon bits, and sliced water chestnuts will add colour, texture, and taste to brussels sprouts.
A Easy Sauce
For the very best clean sauce, grate the cheese your self, as most pre-shredded cheese is processed with anti-caking components, and it received’t soften as effectively.
Sprinkle additional cheese on high to bake till bubbly and browned.
Tips on how to Make Brussels Sprouts Au Gratin
This brussels sprouts gratin recipe is fast and simple to organize:
- Cook dinner sprouts: Pan fry brussels sprouts in olive oil till tender-crisp and barely browned (as per the recipe under).
- Make the cheese sauce: Put together the sauce with cream, parmesan, cheddar, and seasonings.
- Bake: Switch the sprouts to a casserole dish and pour the cheese combination overtop. Sprinkle with extra cheese and bake browned and bubbly.
Possibility: Add combine 1 tablespoon of panko breadcrumbs with ½ teaspoon olive oil and add to the cheese on high for a crisp topping.
Storing Brussels Sprouts
- Make Forward and retailer within the fridge for as much as 2 days earlier than baking (good for prepping forward for holidays or Christmas dinner).
- If ready forward of time, take away it from the fridge and let it sit on the counter for half-hour whereas the oven preheats.
- Let leftover brussels sprouts cool to room temperature earlier than storing them in an hermetic container for as much as 5 days within the fridge.
- Freeze leftovers in zippered baggage for as much as 6 weeks, and since this dish comprises a dairy sauce, it’d separate a bit as soon as it’s reheated.
Did your loved ones take pleasure in this Baked Brussel Sprouts Gratin? Depart us a ranking and a remark under!
Baked Brussel Sprouts Gratin
Brussels sprouts gratin is a deliciously creamy & tacky facet dish!
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Rinse brussels sprouts and take away any wilted outer leaves. Minimize them in half (or quarters if they’re massive).
Toss halved Brussels sprouts with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Cook dinner in a skillet over medium-high warmth for 5-6 minutes or till tender-crisp and barely browned. Pour right into a 2 qt dish.
In the identical skillet, warmth heavy cream, onion powder, salt, and pepper till boiling. Scale back warmth and let simmer over medium warmth for two minutes to thicken barely.
Take away from warmth and whisk in parmesan cheese. Stir in 1 cup of cheddar cheese. Pour over Brussels sprouts.
Prime with remaining ⅓ cup cheddar cheese and bake for 20-25 minutes or till browned and bubbly.
For the very best sauce, shred your personal cheeses. Packaged cheeses don’t at all times soften easily.
Put together forward and refrigerate for as much as 2 days earlier than baking. Take away from the fridge and let relaxation on the counter whereas the oven preheats. If the gratin is chilly from the fridge, you could want so as to add 5 minutes of additional baking time.
Energy: 221 | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 10g | Fats: 16g | Saturated Fats: 9g | Ldl cholesterol: 49mg | Sodium: 202mg | Potassium: 474mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1360IU | Vitamin C: 96.5mg | Calcium: 233mg | Iron: 1.7mg
Vitamin data offered is an estimate and can range based mostly on cooking strategies and types of elements used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and pictures are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.