Crispy air fryer jicama fries are a surprisingly tasty and wholesome different to fries. Take pleasure in seasoned low-carb fries which might be each nutritious and scrumptious!
I’m obsessive about my air fryer! I really like utilizing my air fryer to cook dinner all of my greens. Something from corn on the cob to zucchini to even utilizing my air fryer to cook dinner the most effective tender carrots. I extremely suggest that you just strive all of them out!
What Are Jicama Fries?
In the event you haven’t been correctly launched to jicama fries but, then I’m completely happy to be the primary one to let you know about them! Jicama is a starchy root vegetable that has an analogous texture to a potato. However it’s even more healthy, and since it’s so related, jicama makes the most effective fries! You gained’t be capable of inform the distinction. I like to chop them up and add flavorful seasonings and throw them within the air fryer, and you’ve got your self unbelievable jicama fries.
Fries are our favourite snack or facet to any burger! We love fries a lot at our home and at all times have fries within the freezer to throw into the air fryer every time we would like. Common French fries are a should within the air fryer, however have you ever tried cooking up some frozen candy potato fries? They’re insanely scrumptious (plus they’re straightforward)! And also you completely can not overlook the waffle fries. They’re glorious within the air fryer too!
Substances to Make Air Fryer Jicama Fries
I really like this straightforward air fryer recipe! One of the best half about it’s that you just don’t should sacrifice scrumptious for wholesome. It’s easy and straightforward and a pleasant approach to change issues up! Observe the recipe card beneath for the precise ingredient checklist.
- Jicama: Only one massive jicama will do! You should definitely peel and slice it into sticks.
- Olive Oil: Olive oil will assist crisp up the fries and assist the seasonings follow the fries. Avocado oil would work too!
- Garlic Powder: The flavour of garlic must be in each recipe!
- Smoked Paprika: Smoked paprika has a smokier taste than common paprika, and I’m right here for it!
- Italian Seasoning: The addition of added seasonings and herbs helps taste the jicama completely.
- Grated Parmesan: The salty taste of parmesan is scrumptious on fries.
- Salt and Pepper: Season to style with salt and pepper.
How To Make Air Fryer Jicama Fries
Jicama is definitely actually wholesome, so this recipe will make everybody completely happy… Mother and father and youngsters included! It would be best to make these for your entire keto-friendly, vegan, and gluten-free associates.
- Soak Jicama Sticks: In a big bowl, add the jicama and fill with water till coated.
- Microwave Jicama Sticks: Microwave for 10 minutes or till tender. (You may also boil them for five minutes on the range.)
- Drain and Dry: Pressure and dry the jicama.
- Add oil and seasonings: Add them to a bowl with olive oil, garlic, paprika, Italian seasoning, parmesan, and salt and pepper.
- Prepare dinner within the Air Fryer: Put them within the air fryer basket and cook dinner at 400 levels Fahrenheit for five minutes.
- Shake and Proceed to Prepare dinner: Shake the basket and cook dinner one other 5 minutes or till crispy.
- Take pleasure in: Serve together with your favourite dipping sauce or ketchup.
Advantages Of Jicama
These air fryer jicama fries make a basic recipe so versatile! Jicama has an amazing impartial taste and scrumptious texture. You positively ought to add extra jicama to your weight loss program and into your recipes!
- Excessive in Fiber: Dietary fiber helps stool transfer extra easily via your digestive tract.
- Vitamin C: Jicama is a superb supply of Vitamin C and Vitamin E, and it acts as an antioxidant in your physique.
- Wholesome: Jicama is a root vegetable that’s low in energy, so it’s an amazing possibility to decide on while you’re craving these french fries!
- Intestine Wholesome Meals: Jicama incorporates a sort of prebiotic fiber that’s good in your intestine.
These air fryer jicama fries are at all times gone straight away at my home, however if you happen to’re fortunate sufficient to have some leftover, right here’s the right way to preserve them tasting contemporary and scrumptious! I additionally added some recommendations on reheating your jicama fries.
- Within the Fridge: As soon as cooled, place your zucchini fries in an airtight container or Ziploc bag. They’ll preserve within the fridge for as much as 3 days.
- Within the Freezer: You may freeze your jicama fries after they’re baked. Look ahead to them to chill, then freeze fries in a single layer on a parchment-paper-lined baking sheet till strong. Switch to a zipper lock bag, take away extra air and return to the freezer. They are often saved within the freezer for 1 month.
- Reheat: Reheat leftovers within the air fryer for finest outcomes. Alternatively, you’ll be able to reheat them within the oven and bake them at 400 levels Fahrenheit.
- Prepare dinner from Frozen: Air fry jicama fries till scorching and crispy. You are able to do the identical within the common oven as effectively, however an air fryer is the best choice for the job! It helps obtain that crispy French fry texture!
In a big bowl add the jicama and fill with water till coated.
Microwave for 10 minutes or till tender. (You may also boil them for five minutes on the range.)
Pressure and dry the jicama.
Add them to a bowl with the olive oil, garlic, paprika, Italian seasoning, parmesan, and salt and pepper.
Put them within the air fryer basket and cook dinner at 400 levels Fahrenheit for five minutes.
Shake the basket and cook dinner one other 5 minutes or till crispy.
Serve together with your favourite dipping sauce or ketchup.
Energy236kcal (12%)Carbohydrates28g (9%)Protein4g (8%)Fats13g (20%)Saturated Fats2g (10%)Polyunsaturated Fats1gMonounsaturated Fats8gLdl cholesterol5mg (2%)Sodium122mg (5%)Potassium477mg (14%)Fiber15g (60%)Sugar5g (6%)Vitamin A249IU (5%)Vitamin C61mg (74%)Calcium101mg (10%)Iron2mg (11%)
All dietary data relies on third social gathering calculations and is simply an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will range relying on the manufacturers you employ, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.