Make completely roasted, crisp and tender Air Fryer Asparagus in simply quarter-hour! This tasty and wholesome veggie aspect dish is just seasoned and coated with recent grated parmesan cheese, and cooks up quick and simple within the air fryer.
New to Air Frying? Be sure to take a look at my detailed put up on How To Use An Air Fryer!
Simple Roasted Asparagus With Parmesan Cheese
For those who’ve by no means made roasted asparagus in your air fryer, I’ve just one query. What are you ready for?! Let me let you know, it’s been a sport changer for quick, simple weeknight dinners. Air fryer asparagus comes out completely tender and crisp each time, and it’s prepared in minutes. I really like this model that’s merely seasoned and coated in a crispy layer of recent parmesan cheese. It’s an enormous hit with the household and associates, too.
Air fryer asparagus makes the most effective veggie aspect for nearly any fundamental dish you’ll be able to dream up. The flavors are on level, the crisp texture is wonderful, and you’ll swap it up with so many simple variations! Actually, what’s to not love?
Why Use the Air Fryer?
There are such a lot of causes to present air frying a go. For those who try my detailed put up in case you have any questions on what air fryer is best! This air fryer asparagus is:
- Fast: For those who’re brief on time and craving the flavour and texture of oven roasted asparagus, the air fryer is your finest buddy! Air frying is a fast and easy methodology when in comparison with the oven or range high.
- Simple to Season: You possibly can simply swap out the seasonings on this air fryer recipe for any spices you favor. It’s an ideal strategy to reinvent asparagus with a great deal of easy, but scrumptious customizations.
- Completely Tender-Crisp: Air fryer asparagus achieves that completely fried, crisp texture on the skin whereas staying juicy and tender on the within, minus the additional oils of deep frying.
- Versatile: Fry these up for a straightforward veggie aspect dish, or so as to add onto your favourite meals and recipes. Crispy asparagus even makes an ideal wholesome snack for dipping!
What You’ll Want
This recipe for air fryer asparagus comes collectively rapidly and with minimal substances, making it one in all my favourite simple aspect dishes to cook dinner up on a weeknight. Beneath is an outline of the fundamental substances, with the detailed quantities included within the recipe card additional on:
- Asparagus: You’ll want about one pound of trimmed asparagus for 4 servings. Search for asparagus spears which can be agency and straight, with a small little bit of white on the backside of the stem. They are often skinny or thick, simply needless to say thicker spears will take longer to cook dinner. You’ll must trim the ends earlier than you cook dinner them, see beneath for pointers!
- Oil: Additional virgin olive oil, or one other cooking oil like avocado oil.
- Seasonings: Salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Parmesan Cheese: Recent grated parmesan cheese provides air fried asparagus all types of scrumptious taste and even a little bit of crunch because it cooks. After all, you’ll be able to simply make this recipe dairy-free with out the cheese – roasted asparagus tastes nice with easy salt and pepper, too!
- Non-compulsory Garnish: You possibly can select to go away your crispy asparagus with parmesan as is, or give the spears a squeeze of recent lemon, a sprinkle of chopped parsley, or add crushed pink pepper flakes for garnish.
The best way to Trim Asparagus
For those who’ve ever cooked with asparagus earlier than, or in case you haven’t, you’ll discover that the top of the asparagus spear is very robust and woody. This fibrous, chewy bit is the half that must be trimmed off. There are two simple methods to do it:
- With a Knife: Use a pointy knife and discover the place the white (or brown) ends fade into the inexperienced of the spear, and lower the ends off.
- With Your Fingers: You can even snap the woody ends off utilizing your fingers. Discover the purpose between the white and inexperienced of the stalk the place it softens, after which snap off the exhausting finish.
The best way to Roast Asparagus within the Air Fryer
Roasting asparagus within the air fryer is tremendous quick and simple, with simply two steps! The precise cooking instances might fluctuate relying on the thickness of your asparagus spears, so hold a detailed eye, particularly in case you’re working with thinner spears. Comply with these steps for air fried perfection:
Season: Season your washed and trimmed asparagus with a drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper, garlic powder and parmesan. Give them a toss or stir to coat, then prepare the asparagus in a single layer within the air fryer.
Cook dinner: Air fry the spears at 400°F for about 9 minutes. As soon as they’re completed, take away the asparagus from the air fryer basket, garnish, and serve!
Suggestions for Success
Listed below are some suggestions for the most effective outcomes when roasting asparagus within the air fryer:
- Take away the Onerous Ends: Don’t overlook to chop or snap off the woody ends earlier than you cook dinner your asparagus. If the entire spear is hard or stringy after cooking, this might be an indication that the asparagus is overcooked.
- Pay Consideration to the Dimension: On that be aware, the cooking time might fluctuate a bit relying on the thickness of your asparagus. Thinner spears are inclined to cook dinner up faster, generally even in half the time! So pay attention to the spear dimension and alter the frying time as wanted.
- Adapt to Your Air Fryer: For those who’re utilizing a smaller air fryer, it’s possible you’ll want to extend the cooking time or work in batches. Alternatively, in case you’re roasting asparagus in a bigger fryer, it can want much less time. I exploit a toaster oven styler air fryer and generally I would like so as to add a bit extra time. In any case, it’s a good suggestion to start out checking the asparagus after the 5 minute mark, to verify they’re cooking up properly.
This crispy asparagus recipe will be modified up in all types of taste variations. Listed below are some choices to attempt:
- Add Herbs: Clean up the asparagus with recent chopped parsley, dill, basil, mint or thyme.
- Completely different Seasoning: Strive completely different seasonings like paprika, pink pepper flakes, onion powder, Italian seasoning mix, lemon and herb, and others.
- Lemon: Zest a lemon over high for a burst of citrus taste.
- Balsamic: Drizzle your spears with olive oil and balsamic vinegar earlier than tossing and roasting.
- Spicy: Make spicy asparagus with a sprinkle of cayenne pepper or drizzle of Sriracha scorching sauce.
- Asian-Impressed: Coat your asparagus with soy sauce, honey, garlic, or teriyaki sauce. You would additionally use sesame oil instead of olive oil, and sprinkle on sesame seeds.
- Add Bacon: Crumble cooked bacon overtop for a pleasant smokey and salty addition.
For informal weeknight dinners to vacation meals, there aren’t many alternatives the place this air fryer asparagus doesn’t shine! Listed below are simply a few of my favourite methods to serve it:
The best way to Retailer Air-Fried Asparagus
Leftover asparagus will be saved hermetic within the fridge for as much as 3 days. Let it cool earlier than storing in a container. To reheat roasted asparagus, simply pop it again into the air fryer at 375ºF for 3 minutes or so, till it’s warmed by.
Can I Freeze This?
I don’t advocate freezing asparagus, until you propose on utilizing the thawed leftovers perhaps in a soup or casserole. It is because they have an inclination to change into mushy once they defrost. Fortunately, the air fryer makes freshly roasted asparagus a breeze!
Extra Wholesome Vegetable Aspect Dishes
Make completely roasted Air Fryer Asparagus with Parmesan in simply quarter-hour! A tasty and wholesome veggie aspect dish that cooks up quick and simple within the air fryer.
- 1 – 1 1/2 kilos asparagus, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon recent black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup recent grated Parmesan cheese
- Non-compulsory garnish: recent lemon juice, chopped parsley, crushed pink pepper flakes
- Place asparagus in a bigger bowl and drizzle olive oil on high. Sprinkle salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and cheese onto the asparagus. Utilizing your arms or a rubber spatula stir the asparagus, coating evenly.
- Prepare the asparagus in a single layer within the basket of your air fryer.
- Air fry at 400°F for 9 minutes.
Key phrases: simple air fryer recipes, roasted asparagus, wholesome aspect dishes
Need To Save This Recipe?
Discover extra recipes like this:
PIN for later: